Swiftyer's First year results

I was looking at the East Cities one, I’m assuming you train with Colin cause I’ve met him at Lions before.

now now. stay on the topic of my development :stuck_out_tongue:
Just ran the 200m on a crappy indoor track, without blocks after doing several runs before that and registered a time of 26.7s(I know I can go WAY faster cuz I literally felt myself shave off half my speed on the alst straight). I have low 25s and mid 24s in my sights.
I’m a powerful curve runner so I can expect a good future in the 200m! :smiley:
Still no dice on the hurdles. Hoping it rains tomorrow so I can do hurdles pratice indoors(our track LICKS CRAP!! gravel!) Hoping to get 33" hurdles down pat with decent form.

Just ordered a pair of 2004 Asics Cyberflash!! 39.99 on Eastbay. Hopefully they’ll have e in stock and ship em to me in time for Track Club season.
Anyway have experience with these spikes? I went on a lucky thread and ordere a size 13. dO they fit true to ize or are they smaller?

at least u have a track…

Lol. I’d rather run on the road than ours. Trust me, all you will accomplish from running on our track is VERY bad ankles and crappy training. You just sink in and slip on the loose crap.

our track is loose asphalt

it used to be a track like the one in petrolia but that well over 35 years ago…now it asphalt…u can see traces of the old track in places…

AHAHA!!
Oh well. I heard the track and St. Pats is really nice. I’m not concentrating too much on the 100m race anymore. Im just using it to train for my 200(I need to work on straight running shrugs
You know anything bout the old Asics cyberflashes?(the grey ones)

Just got back from St. Pats meet.
Weather was beautiful, but I conclude that I’m so used to cold, that I run faster in the cold…shrug
I ran the hurdles for the first time and BOY was it ever a mess. If you don’t already know, I started hurdles about 2 weeks ago. I got the 8 step perfect and went over the first hurdle great but I lost my focus entirely and just screwed up my form and rhythm SO BAD. I ended up stutter stepping 2 hurdles and jumping over 7 of the 10 with my wrong leg…sigh. I wanted soemone to rip my lvier out and stew it after that run…it was not only embarassing but crushing. But oh well. I’ve recovered from it. I got a time of 20.19s(yuck) but I remind myself that I’ve only done it for 2 weeks and that with time, I’ll easily get done to 16-17 by the end of the summer :). It’ll be great motivation too, seeing as how my improvements will be big leaps rather than small increments seeing as how I have the basics of everythin but just need more practice.

Ran the 4x100relay as well. I had to run open boys because 2 of our midget boys were a no show. It was not bad. I’m still worried about how our time seems to be stuck around the very low 50 range. I ran the 3rd leg today because I wasn’t up for starting with seniors. I have had enough embarassment for the day.

But anyway, today was basically a kick up the butt. I sucked miserably but now I nkow how hard I should work at it. It’ll come.
and the fact that I didn’t get dead last overall in the hurdles was a funny fact :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, jsut heard that my school is revamping our track with a rubberized surface and the works.this is gonna be awesome

Huron-Perth Conference Meet
right in the heart of my town, Goderich
Promising weathers with possible chance for a PB in 200 and 100h
Just taking 100m easy because I ahve to run in the junior class for the 4x100 relay.
There goes my shot at going to OFSAA regionals…
Stupid guy on my team decides to miss a prep meet(expensive one too might I add) without notice so he’s suspended off the team. Sucks for him and us…! Oh well.
It’ll be fun to beat some juniors.

Running the following events:
200m
100m hurdles
4 x 100 relay
100m(Will drop out if I make the 200 or hurdle finals)

This calls for a huge dosage of my track music prep. LETS SEE THOSE LOW NUMBERS FLY!!

Day 1 of the Huron-Perth conference meet.
The sun was out and it was blistering heat…yet there was a draw-back…a 25km/H headwind.
Today all I ran was a 200m prelims and it felt decent. I was fast out of the blocks and I passed about 4 people on the curve except for my teammate. We hit the home stretch and BOOM. the biggest gust of headwind took us out. My teammate and I were able to hold on to our positions of 1st and 2nd but my form brokedown near 60m.
I was fighting against the wind like a madman and my legs were burning from the lactic acid.
I ended up with a 27.23s while my teammate got a 25.93s.
I know I can run this ALOT faster because this was the first 200m race I had ever raced in 1 1/2 years. I’m glad to know that I can run a bad race with a time of 27.23.
I got 6th overall with my time and I think that I qualify for the finals. I’ve got my ticket to WOSSAA secured though so I’m happy. teammate got 2nd overall and we’re hopin that the wind calms down tomorrow for a very close race. I’m looking at a high 25 with a 4-5th place finish.

Tomorrow is also the prelims for 100m hurdles(I think its just me and my teammate…) but might end up as timed finals.
Also the 200m finals and 4x100 relay.
I’m dropping out of the 100m becuase I want to set some PB’s tomorrow.
WOOT!

Wait, you’re hurdles are only 33"?

ya for my age group. I can do 36" and some 39" though. I’m ahead for height and spacing. I’m still working on holding the rhythm and form for 33" though. I’m just improving as I go.
110 starts in the snior age group.

dont complain about heat EVER!!

you are from canada u should be soo sick of cold that u should welcome any for of hotness!!

well i to jump into that huge wind today and it was a cross for other jump

the heat and sun got to me tho i eneded up with some heat sickness?
almost puked…weird,pretty burnt too lol good luck tomorrow…see at regionals hopefully

Ya I hope to be at OFSAA regionals.
I wasn’t complaining! lol.
I was indirectly rejoicing upon the fact. Perhaps it was just my wording.
MEH
The track is very close to the lake so we got some MAJOR headwind going on. Trust me,if you jumped with the wind, you would go a metre farther.
There was a midget boy who jumped 5.88m today in long jump. Looks like we youngin’s are catchin up to ya Rob.
Its time for some Disturbed. Lemme tells ya. Nothing gets you pumped like listening to “The Sickness” album by Disturbed.Perfect pre-race music for the rock/metal lovers.

im more of a rap guy i guess…i like techno tho…good rhythm…

that kid aint gunna catch me…i jumped 6.90 today in long,…INTO the head wind :stuck_out_tongue:

im more of a rap guy i guess…i like techno tho…good rhythm…

that kid aint gunna catch me…i jumped 6.90 today in long,…INTO the head wind

I wish we got to race 33s, or even 36s for that matter, it would really make it much easier. Anyways, good luck getting to OFSAA regionals, and go win a hurdle race or two. Oh yeah, and The Sickness is a pretty good album, but I too need to mix in some rap at a meet or I just cant pumped (“black music,” as some politically incorrect people would refer to it at my school).

rap is the shit for getting pumped.

Rap gets you pumped for killing not sports. I usually listen to Motley Crue before races. Can’t say I like Disturbed that much either, but whatever works for ya Swifty.

Well, Huron-Perth was a wrap and I found myslf doing fairly good today.
The results for our entire team were great but the weather wasn’t. It was 15km/h swilring winds with freezing temperatures.
However, that really didn’t stop me.
first race:
100m hurdle. 16.1s (2nd)
Although it was only 5 people, me and my teammate did great.
For my 2nd hurdle race of my life(and first official one) I logged a time of 16.1s.
I easily three-stepped the entire race and had great form throughout the race.
I know this is only a speck of potential becuase I wasn’t sprinting all-out inbetween hurdles. I was just running. I know I can run low 15- high 14 by the end of the summer.
I’m happy with this race. Its a PB for me(woot. 4 seconds faster than my first run :p) And on an interesting note, both my teammate and I broke the meet record and set it to 15.5

2nd race
200m finals 27.2s (6th)
This race was yet another bad race. It was run 20 minutes after my hurdle race so I was pretty bummed out. I was racing against fresh sprinters. I tripped 3 steps out fro m the start so I just ran. I’ll have to redeem myself at WOSSAA.

3rd race
100m (N/T)
I dropped out…explaination is in above posts

4th race
4x100 relay
We sucked miserably in this one.
I botched the hand-off really bad and my 2nd leg had to slow down a fair bit becuase he just couldn’t get a hold of the baton. Lack of practice is my excuse.
However, I was racing against junior level sprinters and apparently I was holding out pretty good and was in 2nd place so I’m happy. I don’t know the time…

Overall, I’m not happy but not sad about today. There were Ups-and-downs but I know what to do. I’m hoping to set a new PB for 100mh and 200m at WOSSAA.
My greatest high was my jump from a 20.16 to a 16.1 in the hurdles :).
14.xx here I come.

Well WOSSAA is next week, Tuesday and Wednesday
held at T.D. Waterhouse track(BEST TRACK EVER!)
Calls for some heavy compeition in my hurdle event.
Apparently, my teammate and I are seeded 3rd and 4th so I’m really happy.
Bit afraid about the fact the 1st seed time is 14s flat.
I’ll get there by then though. I know I can.
Time to kick some ARSE