Swiftyer's First year results

Well meet tomorrow.
I just got back from a light practice.
Did actual hurdles today and felt great.
Coach says that I have awesome rhythm and my form is coming along.
However, sposedly I kinda slow down coming to the first hurdle. I’ll ahve to work on that. At this rate, I’ll be up and running for the big regional conference meet in a few weeks.
Also did some block work. Felt great but I was tired from the hurdles and stumbled. I wish I could feel the same in compeition(minus the stumble)
I’m runnning 100m, 4x100m relay(first leg) and 4x200 relay(third leg). Lets see some of my good times!
Woot!

Well the weather was better than I anticapated.
Windy but no rain so I’m somewhat happy.

Turns out that the 4x200 was a co-ed race and we didnt have 2 midget girl sprinters so we just scrapped taht race.

On the 100m, I botched my start really bad. I dunno but I have a tendency to rock back. I need to practice on keeping my weight forward. 13.2s(YIKES!! I know, it sucked. Coach says I trained way to hard yesterday. Go figure)

4x100 was the race of the day I would say. I ran the first leg like always and I just flew. It was hilarious because when I did some warm-up starts, the other guys I was racing against thought I was a junior(im a midget)cuz Im so big and claimed that I was “slow” when they saw me do some rpactice block starts. These guys were the finalists for the 100m race. So when the race actually went off, I blew them ALL out of the water. I passed 2 guys and made a flawless hand-off. By the third leg, we had a sizeable lead of nearly 55m. But the last leg got a HUGE headwind which brought our time up a bit. 50.1s was the result with me having a 12.5 split. We were spose to have 1st place but the stupid timers botched the time. We timed the Sarnia team with 3 people and they got 50.35s time while we got that 50.1. Apparently, according to a stupid 16 year old timer, they got 48.9!?! BULL!

I’m starting to think that 200m is more of my race instead of the 100m. I’ve been told that I am a late runner and I pass people near the end of the race. I’m also a very strong curve runner so I think that might give me a slight advantage at the conference.

Anyway, Im tired and need to relax. Gotta hit the hottub. Meet in another week. Might try hurdles for first time. defeintely striving for better 100m and relay.

yes i watched your race…were you in lane one??

if u were the asian guy i saw in that lane if it was you…u rock a lot before the gun…i would give u a false start so u should be more careful doing that…also it gives wasted energy too because ur moving backwards like a sling shot when everyone is moving forwards…dont worry tho about the time–its a slow track…everyone ran slow today…not to mention the cold factor…oh well…

did u catch any of my races…?

sorry i didnt say anything to u but its hard to find ppl uve never seen b4 in ur life…

Yeah thats wut sucked my times up alot. Im still owkring on it. I kinda jolted on the start of the 100 and the relay run. It was a decent run I’d say. I was in lane 2. Yep you got ir right the first time man. You’re from St. Clair am I correct? you’re name isn’t mason smith by any chance is it? That guy is one fast mofo! Ya I know what you mean. I don’t even have a clue what you look like. I on the otherhand stand out. I’ll have that rock start fixed up by next wednesday. I do that on cold days. My muscles get “twitchy” says my anchor

hahhaha

i ran as mason smith…because my coach didnt put me in the event…so i just switched with him just befroe the race,

u can check the results for my real name…i won the long and triple…

i was the guy wearing the long black spandex and black spandex t shirt under my jersey…

I kinda guessed that it was you.
Did you hear the guy behind you in the senior 100m dash?
he was huffing and puffing like freaking race horse.
my god I laughed my head off.
You are pretty fast. My coach was complienting your start and drive out of the blocks. Now if only I could come out of the blocks like you, then I would easily get my times back down to their spots. If you go to St. Pat’s meet next Wed, You might see some better stuff going on for me. I’m doing some massive training this weekend.
Whats the website? if there even is one.

http://www.wecssaatf.cjb.net/

go to the very bottom

There you go Alex :wink: ya I checked up on your race, looks like you killed the competition pretty bad in the jumping TJ2K.

see ya there

holy crap Rob. You killed everyone in those jumps.
You got anymore tips for me in my running?
And how did you figure out my name CaptainPain?
Was it because of my last name? or wild guess? or do you know me?lol
My god. Sarnia had a seed of 51s? I HATE YOU PETROLIA!!! THAT GOLD MEDAL IS MINE!!!
grrrr.

You said you ran 13.2 and were Asian, if you just told me 13.2 I would have been able to figure out.

Also TJ2K or Rob, whatever, this Chris Dundee guy who goes to your school and won the 100 meter, what do you think an average time for him would be cause the prelims and finals have a huge difference in them.

I don’t want to get so caught up on times but I just can’t help it…I was running 12.1 consitently early in the season…now im up at 13’s!!! this is really starting to piss me off.

Anyway, next meet is next week
St.Pat’s Invitational in Sarnia on May 4th. Calls for good weather, tad bit of wind but decent.
LAst meet till conference. Training like a madman. Might try hurdles for the first time.
We’ll see.
I’ll be get back to 12.1 or die trying!!

Don’t train too hard during competition time. I’ve been doing very little work between competitions to avoid injury and so my muscles don’t get tired. If you put too much strain on them you’ll never have the strength to run those low times.

I know. I control myself.
And an update.
Turns outthat I will definitely be running hurdles 100m at St. Pats on Wednesday. Just got back from a nice practice and I’ve perfected rhythm in 2 days and just need to work a bit on my form(I kind lock my lead leg sometimes). Im feelin awesome about this!

ummm…I think you must be mistaken the fastest time ran in Ottawa was faster than 11.9…

I meant as a midget

Yep, I kno u meant midgets. But there were at least 2 midget runners from Ottawa who ran 11.8x. I train with one of them.

Just looked it up there were two 2 midget guys who did that, but with a 4.4 wind behind them I didn’t really count those times. Besides, one of them never broke 12 again other then that one run.

If you don’t count that race then the best time was an 11.9 FAT at EOSSA

Are you positive that they didn’t count them? Because in the newspaper they ran a story about the midget 100-meter record being broken by 3 people in one race. (the 2 guys who ran 11.8x were in that race) If they didn’t count the race because it was wind-assisted, then why was the 1st place time a new meet record?

I read somewhere on this site that times are only official if they are ran with no more of a wind assist then 2 so that’s just my memory, I could be wrong.

hmmm…I dunno. We might be talking about 2 different meets :confused: