Strength Program for Navy Recruit

I need a lil help developing a strength/running program for my brother who is going to be entering Navy Bootcamp in Late Oct.-Early Nov. Any suggestions?

He’s 5’8" 3/4, 148 lbs.

Open to any suggestions…

What’s his fitness level at now?

well,as of now…

He can do about 15-17 pull-ups consecutivley… He was a 51.7 400m runner in high school and 23.3 200m runner… He’s in decent shape but needs to get in better to prepare for boot camp coming up in OCT…

Tell him not to sweat a damn thing. Navy bootcamp is a joke. My 86year old grandmother could smoke Navy bootcamp. I did five years, I speak from experience. Total complete joke.

James

Haha, yeah I’ve heard the same thing.

I agree…dont worry about boot camp. I am still active duty and the boot camp is pretty easy…the days will drag and the weeks will fly by. Just dont let the so-called yelling get to ya. Just pay attention, do what is asked, and READ THE NAVAL REGULATIONS…aka…the navy regs…

Also, they are going to ask if you did any band or performing arts while in high school…tell them yes, even if u didnt and know a little about it and can do it. You may end up in a 900 division, which is a ton of fun, but u will have have to work, just not as much as the others…hahaha…

Yeah… He’s not worried about it too much, he just wants a program so he can get back into good shape/form… He’s had an off time since track was over in late May and now he wants to start back up training before he leaves on Oct. 26th.

First off, Navy basic, from my understanding, is a complete joke. I went through an Army basic that fed into Spec Ops, and it still wasn’t something that killed me. The primary issue as to the mystique of Boot is that they are taking a young (18-20 y.o.), and completely removing his from all things familiar to him (priviledge, comfort, personal time, personal liberty). There were many kids from pretty rough backgrounds at my basic, street kids and such, and they had very little problems dealing with the environment. If you really want to get him ready for Boot, don’t let him look at anybody ‘superior’ in the eyes, make him sleep less then four hours a day, on a sagging mattress with the equivilent noise of 40 other snoring people, and make him eat very little, very low quality food. Oh, and for the original question, check out Clemson’s posts on GPP. That will ensure that the physical aspects of Boot breeze by.