Strength Concept as a Neural Expression

I think the books contain a wealth of information to set an appropriate context,as well as other writings such as "Energy Medicine in Therapeutics & Human Performance"by James L. Oschman might finally help widening the horizons of the CNS and CNS Fatigue concepts,at least from a rather “structural” point of view.
Not always an easy reading though.

Thanks i’ll be sure to read that one as well.

Bio Closed Elec Cir is very expensive and a difficult read. I havn’t looked at the other ones.

I’ve spent big money on books but even I wouldn’t spend that much on a book …

this is not the case with the ARP.

James,
Why does ARP not follow this principle?

the theory is based on a flawed understanding of the neurological system. the fact that repeated uses of a given means eventually result a lessened recovery effect is because the effector comes from outside stimulus. maybe im gettin a little to wordy bascially siff and others have observed that outside stimuli such as ice or massage has a beenfecial effect on recovery but the fact that the stimuli is foreign dictates that adaption to said stimuli can occur. but the ARP perfectly reproduces the internal signals created by the body so the body doesnt sense the ARP as a stressor. it effects with only a adaptive not maladaptive stimuli. therefor there is nothing really for the body to get use to. kinda confusing but if u use the arp for tissue elongation and recovery it will prodice the same results over and over.

Interesting stuff. Isn’t EMS supposed to replicate signals from the body, therefore making it exempt from the adaptation experienced with most outside stimuli? However, EMS is known for having short periods of effectiveness with benefits dropping off quickly after the intial short period.

no EMs send s very intrusive and disruptive signal to the body. The creator of the ARp did research using EMG and other tools to find out how to reproduce the bodies natural signals via wave form . EMS is just an electirical current sent to themuscle which makes it lock up, not allowing functional training and disrupting the bodies natural equilibrium.

Also,I never indagated icing,hence I would not tell,but massage can produce a “RESET” effect on the body and if you like “CNS” (as referred to here).Once the resetting has taken place,unless a large disturbance (such to require a new reset) has occurred,massage could appear to be less effective,when in reality-if used correctly and purposedfully- it is still acting to contribute and mantain the resetted situation(very crucial,and in the training world very forgotten factor for the body to be optimally ready to further exposition to stimuli).

I guess ARP and Therastim are tremendously effective “resetting” tools.

Does anyone know how much the Therastim costs?

as from the information available to me roughly anywhere from US$ 3000 to US$ 10000 depending on the machine and the protocols chosen (Therastim,ARP,or other).

there really is only one machine with the arp being a distributer of therastim. the difference in price can be accounted for because of the protocols associated with using the machn under different situations. also there are other services that accompany buying the ARP such as 24 hour support.

ARP is different from other device because we talk about THERASTIM (microcurrent/DC) VS EMS (macrocurrent/AC).
Any information about TERASTIM (microcurrent/DC) VS PRECISION MICRO(current/DC, used in Frequency Specific Microcurrent)?

I’ve a little experience with electric device, and in my opinion “current” is “current”.
Electric flow charge is an electric flow charge!
Many peoples speak about wave form, but what is a wave form?
Is the electron motion in the “space” (3D).

Can a different electron motion be relevant for results in healing the body?
Probably, but IMO is the kind of current (DC/Polarity/HZ) the key point.

On the market there are many device that claim great result and solution for Injury and Rehab:

1. Therastim
  2. Precision Micro
  3. Alpha stim
  4. Acutron
  5. CellStim

I past some claims of a machine, can you see difference from Therastim claims?

* Effective for conditions involving inflammation.
* Unlike TENS, microcurrent provides long-lasting relief for acute and chronic pain.
* Increases ATP production essential for cellular regeneration and protein synthesis.
* Stimulates glycosaminoglycan (GAGS) production essential for cartilage repair in arthritic conditions.
* A safe drug-free alternative to NSAIDS and cortisones.
* No side-effects and non allergenic.
* Leaves your patient feeling alert, unlike morphine or demerol.
* Treats local injury only, unlike drugs that affect the entire body.
* Non-invasive gentle subsensory stimulation.
* Easy to administer.
* Cost effective treatment.
* Release muscles prior to adjustments
* Increase scope of practise by treating new conditions

Some Infos on current polarity.

When selecting polarized current for a particular injury, the practitioner must first understand the physiological effects of positive, negative and biphasic current. There are many specific uses for each, and if selected improperly, monophasic polarity can exacerbate a condition rather than promote a healing response.

ALTERNATING CURRENT (T) is a pulsed, biphasic current.
Use Biphasic current if unsure as to the correct polarity. Biphasic is safe with no side effects.

INDICATIONS:

1. 4 pad Quasi-Interferential Current
  2. GTO probe technique for muscle dysfunction
  3. EMR technique for muscle facilitation, trigger points

POSITIVE (+) monophasic current is a constrictor, inducing an “icing” effect. Positive current decreases inflammation and sedates nerve irritation stimulating analgesic effects.

INDICATIONS:

1. Nerve root irritation [place positive pad on nerve root and negative pad distally] [i.e., sciatica; positive (+) pad on L4 or L5 and negative (-) pad behind the knee].
  2. Swelling [Place positive (+) pad(s) over swelling and negative (-) pad(s) on opposite side of injured area.]
  3. Acute (hot injuries).
  4. Electro Therapy Massage for swelling, trigger points, “icing” effect.

NEGATIVE (-) monophasic current vasodilates promoting a “heating” effect. Negative current softens tissue such as trigger points, scars, fibrotic tissue and stimulates circulation.

INDICATIONS:

1. Adhesions
  2. Scars, fibrotic nodules
  3. Chronic irritations
  4. Paresthesia
  5. Electro Therapy Massage for scar or fibrotic tissue softening

DO NOT place negative current on an irritated nerve as further irritation may result.

And…an article on Microcurrent Device!

http://www.east-westseminars.com/devices.php

Final Point?

Is Therastim a miracoluos device or are the ARP protocol the secret?

Just My Two Cent.

i think its a combination of both. ive only had experience with the ARP so i cant comment on the therastim alone.

James my intention isn’t critic ARP or Therastim, but I don’t think that only this device (or protocols) are effective in sport rehab/training/recovery.

I’m waiting for Charlie’s experience in electromagnetism/vibrational field!

I cannot address the rest of your post, but i can answer this. The waveform is how the voltage/current vary over time. Remember that you can actively change the voltage, but the current flow is dependant on what you are actually passing it through. Examples of this include sinewaves, triagular waves etc. Changes in waveform can change the frequency content of the current. As to what waveforms cause better regeneration, i cannot answer that.

maybe not but if u have never tried something that can get rid of a serious muscular injury in 3 days, immediatly elongate muscle, allow you to train upwards of 5 times a day and is the only functional EMS machine i have ever seen, then it would be the most effective tool.

There is always a question of what the machine is and what the protocols are (in other words, how creative the designers/owners are) I suppose in the end the combination of the two is what matters most.
I will post a few more thoughts on this when I get a few minutes!

i think your right charlie. i think the thera stim was a great machine to begin with. Dennis of ARP enhanced it with his protocols. Him and his ppl live and die by this machine hell they sleep with it on. They are always trying new experiments and settings and i was told they had protocls so advanced that they have no one qualified to use them without 10 years of prepatory work. Charles, jay’s assitant at evo sport told me he was sleeping in bed with his girlfriend with the ARP on and in the middle of the night he got a nudge by his gf waking him up he says “wuts goin on wuts wrong” she responds “your leg is kicking and shaking all ove r the place” he looks down at his leg under the covers and his leg is jumping all over the place. he wrestles it down ARP still on and goes back to sleep… they take the shit seriously.