Yeah. We should know this week if they are postponed or cancelled.
If cancelled, I’m running the Zahariadeia on May 19th (Thessaloniki). If they are postponed, there’s a chance the Zahariadeia will be postponed (or cancelled)
and the clubs’ meeting will take place in their place…
What a mess this year.
Super dead.
quick update of the last days (as many as I can remember right now…)
Hamstring is fine now. But still haven’t done a fast session.
Saturday, May 5th (day 10, I think this is a re-post)
OFF completely (rain day)
Sunday, May 6th (day 11)
(10min biking)
Gym: (rain day)
-
15min warm up
-
Squat jumps (bar weight), 5 sets of 8
-
30-40 min drills
-
15min progressive run
Monday, May 7th (day 12)
First actual training, very careful.
(15min biking)
-
20min warm up, stretch, drill stride
-
6 x 200m (walk 200m recoveries), goal was to go easy to test the leg, went 31-32. All good. Just a bit nervous.
(15min biking)
Tuesday, May 8th (day 13)
(15min biking)
(15min biking)
(15min biking)
- 30min run
- 30min drills and strides
- some plyometrics (standing long jump and standing triple)
(15min biking)
Wednesday, May. 9th (day 14)
(15min biking)
(15min biking)
(15min biking)
- 15min warm up, drills, strides
@~85-90%
- 500m @1:24 (same time as pre-injury, I suppose this is good), 8’ rest
- 400m @1:05, 8’ rest
- 300m @48", 8’ rest
- 200m @30" (aii… terrible)
(40min walking)
Longgg day. I’m dead now. Literally. (packing all day long, plus bicycling, plus this training which felt fine then, but now…)
I think it’s safe to do ‘speed’ on day 16
09-10 and 16-17 June seem to be the new dates -not finalised yet, of course… 
Yep !! Before that, I decided to run an 800 on May 19th (Thessaloniki), and then a 400m the following week (Thessaloniki again)
Thursday, May 10th (travel day to Athens)
evening:
30min progressive (start @4:20, final: 4:02, 3:59, 3:47, 3:38, last 500- 1:33). I’d say faster than normal… it must be the climate here
Friday, May 11th
noon: (windyy)
3x100, 3x80,3x60 (not timed, but I did not exaggerate on these, because I’m still scared)
400m (@59.48”) (satisfied with this!) > splits 28+31
evening: 15min warm up+ 30min @4.30
I feel like toast now.
(p.s. Reaching home in Thessaloniki on Monday afternoon)
Saturday, May 12th
-
30min (20min @ 5:30-5:00 + 10min @ 4:00-3:52)
-
30min drills + strides
Sunday, May 13th
OFF
Monday, May 14th >travel to Thessaloniki
30min in thunderstorm
Tuesday, May 15th
morning:
30min+ rills
Evening:
500, 400, unfinished 300 (R: 9’, 8’)
@1:23.1, 1:04.2,
200m passage for 300 ~30”
notes: 82% humidity+ drizzling…
problem: left calf (I almost had an overstretch, but caught it on time, phew)
p.s. signed up for the 800m on Saturday… dear Lord =P (there was only 200 and 800 available)
How is it going?
Hi Stef. How have you been doing lately?
Sorry ! I’ll post again after I succeed in running my first race !!! (This coming Saturday)
(I’ve been having calf-problems, after my hammie issue).
I’ll be back here soon.
Okkk I raced… =P (yesterday). It was the first (and only available) race I could have run before our July 14th Clubs’ Championships, unfortunately on a 350m track, and Unfortunately in lane 1… but it’s ok =) The first one is out of the way, with a 61.something (I haven’t even checked official results yet - can’t find them…)
But I was feeling so tired at the beginning of the race, and the race felt so ‘effortful’ from the first 100m even, that I think the next one will be wayy better.!
p.s. recent trainings that kind of show that I could have done better:
(going backwards):
Saturday: 6x200s w/2’ rests @30" all
Wednesday: 3x300 w/5.30’rests @ 45,46,48
Monday: 500-300-200, w/4.30’ rests @ 1:21, 46, 29
It’s very important to have a race out of the way after a year and a half out of competitions, so don’t draw too many conclusions from yesterday. Insist more on quality and race pace.
![]()
![]()
We calculate wrong, Nick, after 2.5 years out… my last one was indoors '10. Yikes. !
Early 2010 or late 2010?
As far as I can recall, I haven’t raced since December '10, so we are kind of in the same boat…
February 2010 !