start planning GPP and SPP and winter comp. PLEASE HELP!!!

hey,

because of former back injuries and fatigue i just made 4-5 comps this summer.
Results were good(thx CF :slight_smile: ).

Now i have done nothing for 10days and feel fine.

My future planning is sth like this:

July-september(?):“transitional phase”
kind of off-season with max 4-5 sessions per week. 1 speed-session and gaining muscles(8-10reps) and so on. 2-3 days rest. also kind of preventive in terms of back probs…

October to January
starting a complete GPP
then SPP and comp phase in dec/jan.

My question: how much time do i need for my GPP(19years, 172, 72kg, 16%BF, T&F since 2 years) and then my SPP?
I have the GPP vid and CFTS and vancouver 04. I will watch everything these days in detail.
Is the SPP a normal 3-1-3, which comes after the GPP like its said at the Video?
So to conclude the prob: where do i find infos for my spp1 after the GPP?

I know that its some time till my GPP will start, but i need to know how long i can train now and plan my training for the next 2 months as a transition period.

Or would it be a good idea to start with a long GPP from today on instead of a “2-months-tranistion phase”?

Any help much appriciated!

yours,

pjb

Work back from your first competition. Ideally you need at least 12 weeks SPP before your block of races. Then you need probably 5-8 weeks GPP. So in total you are looking at about 20 weeks before your first race (I assume 60m indoors). From there you could use a GPP similar to the GPP DVD and then a modified version of the SPP1 from Van’04. You will probably want a lower volume of speed work and perhaps 2 rather than 3 speed sessions a week depending if you intent to train 5 or 6 days a week.

thx for that. you hit exactly the point and answered my question perfectly.

thats what i suggested: GPP and then 12 weeks of “training” …

so,

i looked it up. i should start my GPP in August for 6 weeks(by the way: is their a limit how long to use the GPP ?).

Now i have 4 weeks where "i can do what i want :slight_smile: ".

i just want to stay not too much away from my SBs(i.e. 30m SB 4,04 PB 3,98 and now <4,15) and try to learn some new techniques in terms of lifting(–> GPP Vid).

This is my basic idea for these 4 transitional weeks:

Monday:
technique(10m blocks+weight technique) or rest
Tuesday:
weights 8-10 reps and as utilisation 5x50m in 8-9sec
Wed:
off
Thu
high intensity - without special end 1+2 and maxWeights
Fr:
tempos+core , i.e. 2x1-2-3-2-1 walk recovery
Sat: