Stadium stairs/Bleachers....

since i am not competeing this year and gettin back into the swing of things for next indoor season i am training again… what would stadium steps/bleachers count for? this is what i am doing for the session…

BLEACHERS ARE ABOUT 20-25 METERS HIGH…

10X RUN UP TO THE TOP ON BLEACHERS (continuous -->walk down the stairs part)
(i have been working on driving my knees up, would there be more benefit if i just focus on going fast since there would be less ground contact time?)

after 10x i jog a lap… take 3-5 mins rest and start my next task…

5X ONE LEGGED HOPS EVERY OTHER STAIR
(EACH REP. I SWITCH LEGS) (my right leg which is my power leg and jumping leg i find it alot easier to do this)

so i do my straight run ups on the bleachers part, and do my 1 legged hops on the steps part…

this workout is tough… anything i can change add or do a bit different?
and id liek to know what is the specific qualities i will gain by doing this and what energy system is being used? The reason i am asking this is primarily to know if it is considered a high intensity day.

I read in Hatfield’s book that running stairs/bleachers can slow one down…or reduce one’s explosiveness…of course Hatfield has been shown on this forum to have been wrong before…as to this theory, I do not have the answer…does anybody else have any information?..I personally used bleachers and did not notice any lack of explosion or speed…but maybe an elite athlete would manifest this more so than my turtle butt:D

Good points on rhythm and arm motion…