Sprint Training and Speed Training

I have a question that I have not been able to find a conclusive answer to in CFTS. If I were to do the following workouts / week, when would it be ideal according to the norm, for me to do weight activities that will drain my CNS v. those that will not??
monday -speed
tuesday-tempo
wednesday- speed endurace
thursday-tempo
friday-speed
saturday tempo
sunday- off
this is pretty basic and not very specific I know. I am training for the 200 in prep for the 400 next year. Would I do heavy stuff on the speed days… but my cns will already be drained?? work out later??
if I did the heavy stuff on the tempo days, then i will be thrashed for the following speed days??? Thanks in advance. fastdude

Fastdude,

Definitely man, you want to do your high intensity lifting on your speed days. You’ll be the best recovery for the next workout on the track. And like Quikazhell said man, what you do on the track is the most important. The weights are very important, but the race in run on the track, not in the gym.

Do the heavy taxing CNS stuff on the speed days. Yes your CNS will already be a little drained but remember your work on the track is more important than your work in the weight room. If you were to do your heavy lifting on recovery days your CNS would never have a chance to fully recovery and it will not allow you to get the same training effect from your speed workouts.

Try to do your heavy weights IMMEDIATELY after your speed workout if possible.

Good exercises you can incorporate include:

back squat
Good mornings
bench
push press
barbell bent over rows
snatch grip deads
GHR
reverse leg press
powersnatch

On your tempo days you can do core work and high rep exercises like pushups. (not taxing on the CNS)

A good breakout could be:
speed1
back squat
Good mornings
bench
push press

speed2
powerclean
snatch grip deads
barbell bent over rows
GHR

Speed3