speed endurance

I had a question regarding speed endurance. When working on speed endurance say for the 100m, how fast should you go. Should speed endurance always be close to full speed with full recovery? If my main event is the 55m, is safe to say i don’t need much speed endurance work during the indoor season. Also, my last question is what are the training effects of traditional speed endurance i.e. 5x200 or 150 with about 3-5 minutes rest in between about 90 percent effort?

Thanks

s-e runs in CFTS are usually @ 100% or 100% effort, am I right? With a more or less full recovery. No you don’t need to work on s-e for 55m.

“Also, my last question is what are the training effects of traditional speed endurance i.e. 5x200 or 150 with about 3-5 minutes rest in between about 90 percent effort?”

If my understanding is correct this type of training is not taxing the correct energy system for the target event. I.e runs nearer 100% train the correct energy systems (sorry I can’t remember their names and details) for the 100/200 maximally, where as above training develops better aerobic capacity and lactic clearance (more suitable training for 400/800)

Hopefully someone else can help me here?

I think 90% runs can have a place in a short sprinter’s program. It’s like the boundary between Int. Tempo and the start of things like Split Runs and SE2/1 and such.

I think for SE1 and SE2 you can get away with going in the lower 90%, but I’m not 100% certain. Speed Endurance (80-150m) you def need to be running >95%.