Special Endurance 1 and 2....

There has been a lot of talk in different topics about special end 1 and special end 2, but I dont know the difference between them. Maybe this has been covered in earlier posts, and if so, please direct me to them. Thanks for the help!!

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/viewthread.php?tid=541

to my knowlege its basically a way of classifying distance…

Spec. End. 1- 150-300 meter Reps.
Spec. End. 2- 300-600 meter Reps.

Spec. End 2 works more on lactic acid tolerance.

Depends on the definition. As end starts around 8 seconds, it makes sense to start the classification from there for sprinters. IE Speed End 1 from 8 to 15 sec, and Speed End 2 from 15 sec up. You may want 3 definitions for the 400m as the examples by Quickashell, as you often want to work on both these areas in a week, so you’d end up with Speed End as 8 to 15 sec- and Special End 1 as 15 to 45 sec and Spec End 2 as 45sec and up. I would prefer to use time rather than distances for the definitions, due to varying performance levels.

Charlie,
if you are doing all those 3 areas in a week how do you have time for max velocity and accelaration work? Can you combine Speed Endurance and Special End 1 or Combine Special End 1 and 2? Or which would be more benefical?

thanx earle…
we got so many threads i totally forgot about that one… it was exactly what i was looking for…

jayree check it out it will answer all your questions.