short to long

I agree…

For CF-just bumping. Do those rest intervals seem accurate?

2 to 2.5 per reps sounds like it but I think the sets were a bit more spread- like 5 to 7 min but I can’t remember if Pavoni outlined the set breaks or not.

Yea, I understand what you are saying. You need time for the body to super compensate.

10.22, 20.66 and 6.64. All the times were hand timed, so I’m guessing around half a second inaccurate if he’s repping out 6.5s. The clock was started in reaction to the group moving, so straight away you’re eliminating 1 to 2 tenths.

That sounds similar to the sessions I was hearing about from Italy. Think the recoveries between the reps were 2 minutes, with 6 minutes between the sets, and there were 7 sets of 3.

Yes the high volume and short recovery caused some unwanted changes to stride pattern. As fatigue set in Vittori noticed that the frequency went up and length decreased, causing a pitter patter type of running. The acceleration was affected the most and they deduced that it was down to CNS fatigue. The CNS according to Vittori was most active in the acceleration phase. To counter this they had to deliberately synthesis runs with longer than normal and short than normal strides respectively to correct the change in mechanics.

TopCat–I was curious if you could give some info on how much your athletes progress over the course of indoor and outdoor from the point where they open until the taper?

Isn´t it better to work long to short with sprint beginers to teach them how to cope with acidosis?

Heard once that max intensity can only be maintained for 8 seconds, electric current breaking down. Max rpm.

Most likely what you are referring to is the alactic threshold, and this as with just about everything will vary by individual. 8 seconds would be on the longer end, I believe.

Interestingly I got a chance to speak with a professor regarding the mechanism of fatigue. The conclusion of the particular study done, was that after a Maximum voluntary contraction (MVC) for 4 minutes of the dorsi flexors, 20% of fatigue was related to central activation, with 80% of fatigue due to acidosis.

use a tens machine and straight current for 10s, unless you help ond complete the movement,the muscle will cramp.