Sauna after Session?

Just wondering whether taking a sauna is advisable after a track session or a weights session?

When is a good time to have an epsom salt bath?

There are a number f threads on this in the archives and in the Forum Review suggesting various ways to maximize the benefits of saunas and other forms of contrast therapy, which you can get at the site store. For the time being, take a cold shower after to saunsa to normalize your body temp and take a cold towel in to keep on your head during the sauna (so you don’t cook your brains)

I think the number one associated sauna injury is brain cookage…

Don’t be the next victim! :smiley:

take a cold towel in to keep on your head during the sauna (so you don’t cook your brains)

I think this is unnecessary. At least it’s not a common habit in Finland where people go to sauna a lot. But if the sauna is very hot, say over a 100 C, you might want to keep your hands in front of your mouth as the air is pretty damn hot to breathe otherwise. After a very hot sauna session you can actually peel a layer of skin off. Practical…

I think you just gave away your nationality… :wink:

I always get a sauna, but i cannot be brother with the hot and cold stuff. But this brain cookage, has bothered me. I think i will go back to the hot and cold, therapy.