repeat 60's

hey cf im thinking about < the recovery time on the repeat 60’s, tell me what u think?

reps/sets
week 1:
1/4

week 2-3-4
1.5/4.5

week 5:
2/5

week 6:
2.5/5

week 7:
4min

week 8:
2.5/5

week 9:
4.5min

Might lengthen breaks for wk3 and shorten again for wk4 to create wk 4,8 reduced intensity weeks. Other than that ok.

i know u say to > breaks for wk 3 then shorten again for wk 4, but what do u mean to create wk 4,8 reduced intensity, i am looking at the graphs wk 4 has the same intensity as wk 2 and 3, and the intensity does > a little for wk 8?

im really lost dont know what u mean < intensity weeks 4-8 bc by week 8 everything is starting to get intensed

On the Vanc 2004 graphs, you’ll see the distances over which the 60 are accelerated into (determining the speed reached). that gives an idea how you can set it up. it’s very dependant on top speed ability going into the progression (if you reach your best speed after accelerating for 25m, then planning to accel for 40m is moot)

ok thanks. on these runs do you want the athletes to have a gradually acc or should they be going out pretty hard.

I have 3 questions about the short to long program, if anyone could help that would be great.

1. Would you reduce the volume for a 11.5 runner as I am not as fit or as strong as these workouts warrent?

2)If you would reduce the volume how you go about doing that?

1. why do you the finish drill stop at 8 week and from that point all 3 speed days are 60’s with the same recovery?

thoughts and suggestions would be grealty appreciated

1: i dont know you so i cant say if you should < the volume.

2: if u do the decide to < volume you could cut everything in half so if there is 8x30 u do 4x30.

3: my guess is since they are more intensity i think he stop them once you kinda hit precomp, but i really dont know i was wondering the samething

I was thinking about starting with 3 x 3 x 60 rather than the 3 x 4 x 60, as the highest amount of volume i did in a week was 1920 and i found that tough. Is that alright and for the first 4 weeks stay at 3 x 3 x 60, rather than goin to 3 x 2 x 60.

Thoughts would be helpful

like i said only use half of the volume:

week 1:
mon and fri:
1x30
2x3x60
2x30 running A

wed:
2x30
2x30
3x20efe

i would start at 50% volume and if you can handle that > to 75% i know some coaches on the forum who train 10.5 guys an he only use 75-80% vol.

also, depends on you strengths and weaknesses.
the running A’s, you can keep at full volume, its not really CNS draining.

the starts, i like starts, and if i am flying really fast from 20-30m but want to concentrate on say finnishings later, i will cut my starts either to 20m and keep the volume, or cut the volume in half. Or if they are not running super fast, i will concentrate more on starts that day, do the full vollume and cut back a lot on the say finnishings, or whatever?

Or, if its a day where getting to the gym is a real unlikly event that day, (for me, its hard most days just to get there), then you can do closser to a full volume of speed that day, as energy saved from weights…

or, if you are feeling tight and have done say starts, but dont feel right doing the longer speed stuff, you can always substitute some explosve med ball throws in??

Judge how you feel on the day, eg, if calfs are tight, you can always still run fast, but if hammies or hips are tight, accel are possable but top speed (for me) is not possable. So you need to prepaire yourself for back up plans.

u have to have a plan, just cant be taking and adding shit each training session, the dude run 11.5 he only needs half the volume - better to undertrain then overtrain. he shouldnt be having injuries and tightness if the training is right…

Smart ey!!
you need a plan, but you need to be able to adjust the flow if needbe too.
you will also note above, right at the start, the word ALSO…
Have you have read my posts in my journal correctly, my hammie injurys occured due to outside influences away from the training plan!!
ANd my immune system was down also from outside influences away from track…
I had one groin injury from the plan, that healed within the wk.

how do u know ur injuries was caused by outside forces

hammie, was caused from running on grass that was lumpy - feet were being fliicked onto knee as i hit the crap lumpy grass, then the strain.
Then i had the fishing incident, sliced the foot open on a shell, then a few days later i get a flue. this has caused the most problems! The immune system could not recover from the flue doing such training, cutting the volume in half was the only way i could recover. Its fine now.
I had a slight groin strain from actuall running, though, as i said when i done it, it was done during extreame speed, speed much faster than that i have acheived before. I guess i was just not expecting to be running that fast… (You should realise that now, you are doing track work and noticing the same thing.) I fixed that problem inside a week.

One thing i have thought about today, was at the time of end of GPP and start of Spp, i was also doing a lot of EMS strength work. Even now that i feel fine, i am not spiking the ground like i was during those few weeks. I am going to start EMS today, and hopefully, within a week, the EMS will shine through?? That being so far, the only thing different between then and now, also, the volume is reduced now, and i am feeling more like i need to up the volume, its too easy now!

With the benifit of hindsight, i would not have touched the grass for speed work, and would have bought a pair of fishing shoes. Thereby eliminating all that crap…

so u were using ems what settings etc. what u mean spiking the ground

ems, same settings recomended by charlie. used on hammies, glutes, quads and calf

Spiking the ground, perhaps a poor choice of words. Where it feels like your feet are just twitching on and off the ground. like HOT POTATO or like your flicking and not acheiving ground contact time. YOu get massive hip height, high knees, tripple extend and you complete a fly 20m in a blink of a eye.

no ems on lower back

no, nor abs. Have you tried, what is it like?

what u mean what its like, feel like normal ems treatments. lol