repeat 60's

i have only done on the meaty part of the legs, and it hurts like hell. Lower back has a lot less muscles than say the hammies, i thought it may cramp or such?

to me now, the lb and glut are easy. quad an hammy hurt… dont know why i can take more intensity on my left hammy vs my right hammy.

just curious why ems on the quads most people quads are big and strong, most people lack lb, gluts and hammy? thats the main reason why i dont do max strength on quads.

Does anyone know how much rest should be taken during the 60s on the speed days. Is the rest the same as the 60’s with short recovery or is it full recovery.

Thoughts?

I’d be using full recovery: it’s speed work. Note that the duration of the recovery break would vary with the intensity (acceleration distance).

hey cf since i am starting week 5 of the spp could explain this question: “why do you the finish drill stop at 8 week and from that point all 3 speed days are 60’s with the same recovery”?

The finish drills and speed change in general is very CNS intense and so, when the intensity of the 60s rises, they are reduced or eliminated.
These drills also have the role of constantly varying speed to prevent a plateau from setting in before top speed gets a chance to rise through the natural process of increasing the acceleration distances till speed capacity is reached. Once you get close to accelerating as far as speed can still increase, this need is removed till a subsequent phase.

Why not? We used to do it sometimes.

i was asking him why he dont do ems on his lower back. myself i perform lower back, gluts, hamstring, and abs. im curious should i do quads and how do u know which body parts should get ems treatments or not?

Since there is no cross-over effect, the strengthening is specific only to the area treated, so you are free to select areas that you feel need some enhancement.

thanks, sounds good.

hey cf with these spp workouts we do a lot of 30’s each speed session im wondering did u ever use resistance for any of those runs an/or diff positions??