Rep ranges for squats

Currently I dont often use 8 or more reps, I do these type of sets:

6 reps
6 reps
4 reps
4 reps
3 reps

or do it:

Not positive on the percentages, but at 2nd/3rd set, I cant do anymore reps at all, so ive reached the failure point. Weight increases every set. 265 highest Im going at this point right now. All are done to parallel, although first set is always lower than parallel, and I explode on the way up.

I mentioned in another thread that my body weight has barley increased over last few months, although my strength has gone up a lot, would it be good to continue similar rep ranges (lower volume of course) into the main part of the season. And for general training, should more hypertrophy type work (8-12 reps) be done? BTW Im 15 if that changes anything.

Maybe ask your coach? I’m not too keen on 15 year olds doing few reps of high weights.

Your strength is going up- how about your speed?

Times have improved, and I can “feel” my start/explosion from the blocks which has GREATLY improved, first 10-20m has also improved a lot, top speed its hard to tell.

Be patient at your age a few months changes everything. Make sure you don’t drain yourself too much with the squats as they are secondary to sprinting and use good form on all lifts. When you go back into GPP or early in season put a few more reps in there to change things up a bit and give your body a rest from such high loading.

Hey Tc what kind of volume/loads ur guys use for squats?

\i was 14 when i started in my dads garage…

135lbs 4x30repx2…4 minutes between each…

i still squat…high numbers… higher weights…

ciao