Rep. Numbers for Hamstrings (RDL'S)

If the pull throughs aren’t challenging enough or you want to add another dimension, do them standing on a bosu (a half ball). I find this integrates more of those little core & hip muscles that can sometimes take a rest during these exercises.
Just a suggestion.
ps, you’ll really get looks then!

ALWAYS keep stability and strength separate! Don’t squat at the top of a flight of stairs while wearing roller skates!
The chief proponant of this kind of crap finally trashed himself by falling off a swiss ball during squats! Now he can join the legion of his clients in re-hab!

Sorry Charlie, I did not mean this as a strength (heavy) recommendation (I should have been more specific). I have done this with light weights &, yes, it was a stability/core more than hams.
I would never try this on a ball (my talents are not in the realm of Cirque de Soleil!!) but the flat side of the bosu down was not a dangerous move.
Having had stability (muscular not mental) issues, I found this helped.
Sorry if it sounded like I was recommending a death defying feat, not my intention.

LETS NAME NAMES! :smiley:

Are we talking about Davies? That bum looking guy? He doesn’t even look like an athlete or at least a strength coach. I mean who wears boots, knitted cap, baggy shorts, whatnots to teach athletes how to balance on a skateboard while doing overhead squats!?

No. “Check” out the rehab clinics for a new customer.

LMAO! Too funny. He was an injury waiting to happen.

I am not sure if Dave’s ‘kickbacks’ are the same. The hip extension exercise action is initiated from the point where your knee reaches its highest point and the leg is then brought down towards the ground. Some people refer to this as the “paw back” action. The knee opens up as you do so and contact is made with the ground via the foot. Its like using the multi hip machine with the pad underneath the thigh resting on the hamstring just before the knee.

Same here, it has its drawbacks but I would never go back to a commercial gym :smiley:

I use a Swiss Ball for Reverse Hypers, and no I don’t squat or juggle chainsaws while standing on it :eek:

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Glute Ham Raise below is a description from CT.

1. Natural glute-ham raise

This is a simple, yet humbling exercise. The goal is to kneel down and try to lower your torso to the ground under control, then bring yourself back up. Very few athletes can actually bring themselves up at first, so you might want to help yourself with a little arm push to get you started off the ground. This is a great exercise to develop the knee flexion function of the hamstrings.

Starting position: Kneel down and lock your feet under something solid and heavy (a partner can do just fine, but he must be able to hold you down). The trunk is upright and the arms are alongside the body.

Execution: Lower yourself as slowly as possible. To do so you must produce a powerful hamstring contraction or else you’ll find yourself embedded in the floor! If you’re able to bring yourself back up on your own, do so, but most guys (and gals) will need a little push-off with the arms to get moving.

I have plans for a home made GHR ‘foot stabiliser’ anyone interested shoot me a PM with your email address and I will forward it.

Here is an article he wrote with a number of different exercises.

Wasn’t it Juan Carlos Santana on the swiss ball? What’s Perform Better going to do if everyone knew?

Both Santana and Chek fell off their swiss balls seriously injuring themselves. However, they still propound the great benefits of swiss ball exercises to their followers…

Maybe they mean the “Benefits” you collect while you’re off work recovering.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: