Randy Moss in training

It’s all his Cris Carter Frappier treadmill work he did. From the video date, seems he left that place. Guess who else is listed on CC’s site? Isaac Bruce.

dude the treadmills was a very small piece of what CC and those guys did and most times they didnt even use the treadmills.

My favorite Randy Moss quote…

Hey Randy what do you think about JR’s TD record…(straight face, shades on,arrogant voice)…“NOT MUCH.” I, like many other people, were convinced Moss was a changed man. Partially because I am a Patriots fan, I live in Mass, and I wanted to believe that a guy like Randy could change.

Then you hear abuse allegations, you see him wearing his shades, being arrogant…I just don’t know.

The only thing that I can say about Randy is that he didn’t complain when he wasn’t getting his passes.

Wow big deal thats part of being professional.

I know he set records. I know he can run a 4.1. I know he can jump in track meets with little or no training and run 6.3s…But Jerry Rice was double teamed too. Rice had fewer games. At least acknowledge Jerry caught more TD’s in a shorter amount of time Randy. The shame of it is who knows how good Moss could of been if he had a better attitude.

I still stand by the belief thought that Moss was probably the most gifted athlete ever to enter the NFL.

No your wrong, Randy Moss is sux now he was awesome, it was genetics. Do you see him using those parachutes? Man hes injured all the time now. People ran 10.4 on dirt. They couldn’t train. There was a shooting at Northern Illinois today, Moss went to Mashall not Northern Illinois. The recession is occurring, a recession occurs when there is 2 quarters of negative growth, but Moss has a lot of money despite his training. Its down to Clinton, Obama, and McCain, but if Moss trained harder he could be there too. And Brady is good because Michigan gets a lot of recruits because Carr spent all his time recruiting and not worrying about S&C but theyre still ranked every year, maybe no one should S&C, well Indiana cant because they have violations now and Pryor didn’t go yet, he should have done overspeed training for signing or he would have signed already.

LOL, I think you made the point to yourself this time.

Carr, it seems, knew little about the details of the s & c world as evidenced by some of his quotes and his willingness to let a system such as HIT go on as long as it did at UM. To his credit, he did realize after years of some of the underachievement that the guys were out of shape and had gotten much too fat(many fourth quarter collapses) so he forced Gittleson to make changes to the program and in particular some of the bad dietary advice he was giving guys-they added in a 3 1/2 mile run(?!?!) on the campus golf course for everyone-linemen included. Overall the changes created improvement, no doubt, but still far from ideal. He merely accepted Gittleson’s word that the guys were being well trained despite little to no testing to prove this so. He also accepted Gittleson as the authority since his mentor, Schembechler, hired him

I recently saw a sample of one of his programs and it was incredibly ridiculous-actually worse than I had imagined-something like 22-25 exercises with the 225 bench test about mid way through the session and all of the leg work(on leg presses/extensions to boot) among the LAST 4-5 exercises!). Every exercise/set was performed to failure.

Gittleson’s infamous workout according to every player who came through there (I know half dozen who confirm this) was 100 reps on the leg press with your body weight in plates. You just had to get this done 100 times. Besides being an arsekicker, what benefit could this have?

I went through HIT in college myself (football). I gained weight, but was extremely slower come field. Most of the guys rebelled and complained each day, why aren’t we cleaning and squatting.

They shit-canned Gittleson didn’t they?

It never ceases to amaze how in some arenas the measure of a quality workout is based on how tired you are and how sweaty you are at it’s conclusion :confused:

Yes and his assistant Kevin Tolbert. He was described by one of the rivals.com moderators as a “casualty of the Rodriguez hire.”

they had 9 players who bp 500+.

HIT bench programs seem to work, but lower body HIT is the devil. My bench went up too on HIT.

100 reps on the leg press???

Sounds like a good way to pull a quad muscle.

its funny because the mich head sc at the time was bragging about there 500+ bp to usc sc when they played them in the bowl and chris just laugh and we all know what happen after that…

Let’s think about those bench presses for a minute related to Pioneers description of the program.
By the time the legs (biggest number of motor units by far) are worked, the CNS is already wiped, so high intensity remains concentrated almost exclusively on the upper body.
Result: Upper body goes up (maybe), lower body goes down (certainly)

Your right, I also remember a couple years ago one of mich top ol went to the combine and couldnt even do 225x13 i believe he plays for th vikings these days.

Upper body can go south too. One kid from here was on that program and went from 225 x 24 in the bench to 225 x12 by the end of his first (and last) year.

It may also be reflected by the order of exercises. Although I can’t speak for Gittleson’s routine, mine was 10-12 reps on everything except leg press

1. Partner iso-neck or shrugs
  2. Bench press
  3. Machine Rows or partner towel rows
  4. Machine shoulder press
  5. Machine pull down
  6. Partner 3-way delts (which was hard to hold your partner because your arms are smoked)
  7. Leg press (usually 1 set to failure at 30 reps: weights would be stripped off until you got to 30)
  8. Leg extension
  9. Leg curl
  10. Bicep curls
  11. Manual partner tricep extension

We did alot of manual work because we had a shitty facility and no equipment. Finally machines were ordered.

So yes, by the time we did leg press, we were already about to puke, which happened alot.

http://wsuathletics.cstv.com/genrel/022307aaa.html

The new coaches since (my S&C was fired) incorporated cleans since I left.

Now they lift until they puke, then go run half gassers for hour, or run up the stadium for 30 minutes, then run up a ramp for 30 minutes.
http://wsuathletics.cstv.com/directions/wyst-facilities.html

You’ll see the steep stadium steps and the highway overpass incline ramp I speak of in the pics of “Athletic Campus”
http://wsuathletics.cstv.com/directions/wyst-facilities.html

That looks a lot like what Penn State did/does in the weight room.

By any chance do you know if they actually tested for the max or did they use some kind of rep chart to ‘predict’ what their max was?