Randy Moss in training

http://www.huntingtonquarterly.com/Issue29/heisman.html

6.32 and 21.15, though it wasn’t off “no” training from what I understand and he ran in high school.

i heard in college he pop up at a meet and ran a fast time in the 200m.

well i guess he had 3 days of workouts:

After practicing with the team for only three days, Moss competed in the Southern Conference Indoor Track & Field Championships last February. He won the 200 meters in 21.15 and qualified for the NCAA Championships. He also won the 55 meters (6.32) breaking the MU record.

Moss plays football. Mo Vaugn’s training must be bad he cant run 10. Chris Bosh must suck he cant run 55 in 6.2.

Moss trains for football not track.

Single season most touchdowns. Led team to 1 loss all year.

If thats not good by your standards and you dont think training helped him, well then i cant convince you. You win, there is nothing left to argue.

he also went through the pats offseason program. :slight_smile:

He ran track through high school though, so it’s not like the guy never ran before. I mean Drob ran 10.3 after sitting on his butt for a year ;), so I just mean the guy had experience before doing it and I am sure he was doing lifting and sprinting at football practice.

How is what led to his success that training? How is it not playing for Bill Belichick, having Tom Brady as a quarterback, and having a lot of other good players to take the load off your back not a significant portion, if not most of, the reason for his success?

I don’t see how those parachutes or death sled sprints are in anyway the reason for or even part of the reason for his success. Did he have hamstring issues earlier in the season?

he had hammy problems during training camp, just another vet not wanting to go through camp.

How you do you know who is good because of their training VS in spite of their training? Is it based on how many times they talk about running 30s and training with only a barbell in an empty room?

If Moss’s training didn’t spite him he would be master of the universe? Like a He-Man, Roger Federer / Tiger Woods / Asafa Powell / Bobby Fischer / Wilt Chamberlain hybrid?

Well you would also have to ask how much of a difference does it really make as a wide receiver in football to get that much faster/stronger? Jerry Rice wasn’t very fast, very strong, or very big, but he could run routes and catch a ball. In a sport where there are huge technical and tactical aspects, those are going to make a much bigger difference than any speed/strength/stamina are.

Moss, while technically breaking the single season TD record, is still well off the pace set by Jerry Rice when he initially did it in 12 games and with much harder rules. I don’t think he is really comparable to any of those guys you mentioned (I know you were kidding, but just saying) in terms of dominance.

Man and Brady did that HIT at Michigan, imagine if him and Moss trained right, Patriots wud b like 49-0 like rocky marciano :wink:

HIT programs do have higher injury rates than non-HIT programs. What is so odd about people saying that is bad? If you get the best recruits in the nation year in and year out and have great coaches in the sport, you’re going to do well regardless of what lifting/sprinting/conditioning you do.

I have a friend who work with combine athletes a couple yrs ago he got a guy from michigan and had about 6 weeks to work with him after the 6 week period athlete X said “if we would have train like this for 3-4 yrs at michigan i could be a top 10 pick this yr”. the improvements he made in those 6 weeks of training correctly was crazy, by the way my friend follow similar programs as CF and Dan Pfaff.

One of the knocks on Brady coming out was just how physically under-developed he was(weighed about 210 possibly a bit more).

Belichick told him he would have to dedicate himself to a rigorous off(and in for that matter) season program(one very different from anything he had at UM)and put on some significant muscle/bodyweight(with Woicik, presumably) in order to have a chance to succeed in the pros.

There’s a reason App. St. ran all over the field on Michigan and why the knock on Michigan year after year is they are slower than their opponents.

Besides, Tom Brady could barely stay on the field in college and was a 6th round draft pick for a reason, don’t act like his strength and conditioning program at Michigan helped him to where he is today.

Moss has had hamstring problems since his last year in Minnesota.

Man I already said they’d go 49-0 I’m not arguing.

Anytime there is success at a program or with an individual that doesn’t do training that you guys like its because of genetics or recruiting and anytime there is a failure its because the program sucked. I can’t argue that either way you have a comeback, if I didn’t convince you then I said you win you don’t have to argue anymore.

I don’t even know what your arguing I said they would be undefeated, so many natural talents that get to the elite level, its a wonder why anyone trains if it just makes them worse.

Hmm. Did you pay attention to the comments on the tape about this. “Team coaches have to worry about injuries cause it’d mean their job- I don’t.”
WTF?

LOL, that should be the mission statement for all the bad trainers around the world. Come to me and train I don’t have to worry about injuring you.

I got to be honest, I want to like Randy Moss, I just don’t. Check out his site though. He has the music kicking on it.

http://www.therealrandymoss.com/

Everyone has great training and the rates of injuries are just a matter of luck then, I suppose.

Randy Moss has not gotten faster or stronger and certainly hasn’t gotten healthier (if you don’t improve or at least maintain those qualities, I’m not really sure what the role of the S&C coach is). He had the best season because he is with arguably one of the greatest QBs, with one of the greatest coaches, and on one of the deepest teams.

If you’ve ever played a team sport, you have to know there is a big difference between sport skill and pure athleticism.