Protein Powders/Bars.

and btw. I have always been clean on dope-tests… And I have never took any illegal substances or performance enchasing drugs.

http://gymgrossisten.com/test/gymshop/media/top_of_line_whey_80.htm <-- that is the protein-powder that I’m taking

Originally posted by pete
prophet,
Why don’t you give proteinfactory recovery drink a try along with all the others? If it gives you the same effect then you could go with that instead of the very expensive drinks.

Ok. why not? Any suggestions.

Originally posted by Clemson
Insulin spike after tempo? Fat chance. Emphasis on Fat. All three have placement but for me blending is a pain since we travel all the time. Also you don’t have to mix anything at the track…

Taste is king…

The difference between a trainer and a coach is teaching…same with nutritionists. “Eat the colors of a rainbow and less legs the better for meat selections” are easy ways to remember tips on eating. My pro athlete is educated on monitoring GI, but my high school track kids eat cheeseburgers after meets. After watching the distance events in massachusetts…at least they’re eating.

Thanks, Clem!

Clemson,

You mentioned “eat the colour of the rainbow” in your previous post…Now it’s been awhile, (think old forum), but didn’t you recommend a book that elaborated on that concept? Do you remember the name of it?
Also, I’m not sure if I understand the last part of that quote of yours, could you go into more detail?

Thnx

D.

“The Color Code”. I don’t have it. Nightmare and Clem do.

prophet,
They have a drink called “recovery formula” in the formulas section. http://www.proteinfactory.com

I read this suggestion in an article in pro mag, by Mark Verstegen.

What I mean by less legs the better (or what Verstegen was pointing out) is that modern meat tends to be healthier with less legs- Cow->Chicken->fish…most of us do not buy organic or free range.

The Color Code is a great starting point for phytochemicals…if you are reading this that means you have all the macro nutrient considerations done.

As far as bars are concerned you really cant beat Balance bars. 15 grams of whey and 40-30-30 balance for 80cents at Wal-mart. Taste great too.

Cool, thnx guys :slight_smile:

Balance and Soy?

wullie,
I also forgot to add, I do remember that “felt like deca” statement. Man, that was a long time ago. I hate to admit I got suckered by that years ago…
Some research is out saying hmb with some other aminos contributes to hypertrophy, who knows? Have you ever heard of a product called synergy, its a great product and has hmb in it. dont know if its everything combined or just 1-2 things in it that make it work?

Chris,

I thought you were going to lay off Berardi (joking).

Do no feel bad - I also fell for that line, and I am sure we are not alone.

I couldn’t agree more. However, when it comes to average joe - then they may have to do all they can nutritionally wise to get most of of their game.

Thanks for the reply.

I use the Meso-Tech Nitro-Tech Bars, they have 35 grams of protein per bar. Try their Nitro Tech powder and for creatine, Cell-tECH

PLEASE do not use those products fabio unless you are just a recreational athlete.

Fabio, I agree with Clemson x 10. Don’t use them unless you plan to never compete again.

Fabio,

I agree with Clemson and Herb.

Even if you are a recreational athlete, I still would not recommend you use them.

There are better products/companies on the market.

Whats wrong with Nitro-Tech bars they are an excellent protein source when on the go, preferably i’d eat chicken but when your in town shopping cooking up some good ole chicken is hard!

Big-Ron see your U2U shortly

i would agree with the crew 100% on all MT products.

check the archives for a post by “hpsinternational” (stu macmillian)regarding an american bobsleeder, that will fill in the blanks for you.

i also agree from personal experiance reguarding Cell Tech. Felt bloated, slow, heavy, messed up my stomach, and tastes like shi*t. I am totally against Creatatine for numerous reasons as i have experimented with it when i was younger.

Since i work at a vitamin store i have to admit those (MT) are the most popular products. Can you guys send me a u2me on why you think they are bad and direct me to the thread in the archieves.
thanx guys…