Problem with Michigan winter!!!!

I’ve got a problem with my ability to train over the winter. I live in the Detroit area, have no access to an indoor track and obviously can’t run on an outdoor track being that it’s 15 degrees outside and the track is covered with snow most of the time. I’ve just been lifting weights and the results aren’t bad, but it would be better if I had a place to run. At an indoor meet at Macomb Comm College I ran a 7.4s 60m, would have been more like a 7.2s 60m if they would have allowed us to wear spikes! Any suggestions?

If you have a large enough place indoors to train, you might want to add medicine ball throws to make up for the lack of explosive work on the track.

im from ohio and have the same problem but we happen to have a 40yard long mondo track surface that i do speed work on. if i were u i would see if i could use the gym to do some starts.one of the others things i did is pickups in the school parking lot becuase it is always clear.

How about heading over to Windsor. The university (by the bridge) has a great indoor track.

Originally posted by Charlie Francis
How about heading over to Windsor. The university (by the bridge) has a great indoor track.

That sounds like a good idea, Thanks! I should be able to make it there once a week. Do they charge money to use the track at this university?(I’m assuming it’s the University of Windsor?)And also will you be there Charlie?:smiley: