Powell and Gatlin's Training Methods

I know!Hope ti find some infos on where and when

I want to see an elite athlete train-a-long program…kinda like the Nascar ride-a-long program:)

Who is italian her eon charliefrancis

here am i :slight_smile:

does n e 1 no the type of weights session or exercises that gatlin or powell uses

curious why the longer tempo runs, do he really perform the same workout mwf, and what about the warmup whats the reasoning behind that i have seen some coaches use similar warmups?

i think nowdays there is no diffrence between a 200 -100 meters sprinter and a 400 meters sprinter i think if u gonna run a 200 ull do a 400 tempo to improve ur endurance and if u run a 400 u need to do sprints of 100 and 200 to be better as u saw xavier carter and wallace spearmon jr the do all the sprints specialy xavier
so we have to put this in mind the only diffrence between the 100 and 400 is the ability to accelerat faster thats why i started to do 400 meters sprinters tempo to imrove my 200 and so my 100 as my endurance will be better hopefully

dont see the point of during 400m sprints if u only run the 100 and 200, maybe 300m. myself i dont want all those sloppy foot contact so i keep everything btw 200-250m.

Currently, you are seeing the new wave of sprinters with Xavier hitting all three events and being successful. I personally think all three events help each other as witnessed by X-Man’s 19.63. There is no question that 400m sprints will help the 200m because the top 3 200m times in history are held by two individuals…both successful at 400m.

The big question most people have to ask themselves is how to incorporate training for all three without one taking away from another. Obviously, I don’t think it would be possible to have energy output to be successful at all 3 distances during a single meet at world class level.

Planning would have to allow for recovery with traiing for all three. You would also have to pic 2 events to specialize in. It would be very difficult to specialize in all three…but hey, anything is possible!

Also, understand that this is an early season program:)

when i was saying doing tempo for a 400 i mean to have a good endurance to make u run a strong 400 i am with u on concentrating on the 300 as if u run a 300 in 36 sec for i would run the 200 in 22 sec which is pretty good

By early season do you mean SPP?

BTW, I belive your post. I saw Gatlin do the warm up and part of the mon/wed/fri work out but coming out of the blocks on the track. This was the day before the Reebox Grand Prix in NYC. Very nice guy. He took the time out to sign the shoes of about 30 inner city kids.

What about creatine? I heard Justin does supplements.

all pro athelets take supplments

most people do not induce enough physiological stress in the right manner to justify supplements.

Nonetheless, the practical reality is that overtraining, not undertraining-continues to be far more prevalent, and smart supplementation can help mitigate some of the negative effects.

i train in a manner that most woould consider overtraining and yet i take no supplements and have made better gains since not taking supplements. you overtrain because you stress your body until a maladaptive response occurs. your body isnt equiped to do what you are asking it to do physiologically. people take supplements and dotn even understand the ramifications it has on the body. if they did they would understand for the most part they dont need them.

I guess we should define “supplements”. Vitamins and minerals, protein supplementation, and the like are hard to seriously argue against. Your good gains are likely due to a fit guy who is on the edge of overtraining, but due to his fitness level, is not.

you are right we should define what we are talking about. i always take a multi vitamin/mineral, protein is ok but it really should be addressed in the diet, though sometimes it can be difficult if you are traing upwards of 3 or 4 times a day. now dont get me wrong everything has its place, well almost everything so there is a time and a place for creatin and the such. when training certain physiological traits it may become necessary to supplement when induced stressors would otherwise become maladaptive to those said and trained traits.

If any of you guys know of Brooks Johnson, the Olympic sprint coach, he used 400 meters as a warmdown, he suggested that it helped rid the body of lactic acid after a workout.

[QUOTE=DeMOlisher]all pro athelets take supplments[/QUOTE

I’ve been told that creatine is a banned substance in the NCAA