planning out the year

when you had the wednesday off and didnt like it what was the set up of your week and what was the problem and what did you do on the tuesdays.

many years ago KK got me into the format i use now and and my aths love it…

nanny,
with my old coach, it was
mon-special end
tue-weights
wed-my body was screwed.

but now
i do
mon-speed/weights
tue-tempo, so on so on.

this week i did take wed off
so i will go
mon-speed weights
tue-tempo
wed-off
thur-speed/weights
fri-tempo
sat-off
sun - race

but besides that, im still confused on how to set up the phase’s.

as i have the template of short-long form the vancouver dvd thats fine, but how do you blend that into phase 2 and 3. and i gather the weekly template from the forum review in phase 3.
am i correct???

Bud

so how did you feel when you arrived at the track on thursday after the wednesday rest???

also with a race on sunday what distance you racing? and with sunday race look at tempo monday speed/weights on tuesday…

what distances you training for again please…

nanny

hey nanny,
felt good on thurs, was hard to keep thing at 95% so had to drop the volume a little coz i was going to fast.
the race on sunday is a 100m gift, im off 4.25m so ill be running 95.75m X3.
monday will either be rest or tempo.
im training mainly for 100m, but would also like to be able to run a decent 200m but thats not my ultimate goal. the 100m is my goal.

hey guys, need some imput please

i dont think im gonna race in august so now this is the situation.

just finished my season.
only racing again in november.
so first should i increase my GPP from 4week to mybe 7 weeks?

and increase SPP1 from 8 weeks to 12 weeks??

this way it should set me up to start a GPP2 and SPP2 coming into november.

so the new plan would look like
may-gpp
jun-gpp
july-spp1
august-spp1
sep-spp1
oct-Gpp2
nov-spp2
dec-spp2
jan-spp3(comp)
feb-spp3 (comp)

So basically you have a double periodised year. Why are you doing SPP3 then?

hey tc
well where i got spp3 i think that will be my comp phase. i was asuming that spp3 was a comp phase, guess my termanoigy was wrong, sorry.

how does it look it we say spp3 is actually comp phase?

Mike

as mentioned its set up as a double periodised plan. if thats what you are after?

hey nanny,
well i guess so, as im not going to be racing in august. would you guys be suggesting i do things differently. all ideas are welcome.

sorry i forgot to putin 2 more months, so if i was racing like i did this seeason i would finish in april again.

so…
may-gpp
jun-gpp
july-spp1
august-spp1
sep-spp1
oct-Gpp2
nov-spp2
dec-spp2
jan-(comp)
feb-(comp)
mar-spp3
apr-(comp)

would that make more sense???
i will also most probs be doing some racing (as training) in spp2 and that spp3 section

hey guys, need urgent advice.

i have to go race in mid july and peak for august.

i have jsut done 2 weeks GPP, how should i plan now.

originally i was going to do:
7 weeks GPP
12week SPP

now
i have done:
2weeks gpp
and need to race in 8 weeks.

what’s your advice?

ive just finished my season, took 3 weeks off and than started my gpp.now 3 weeks into it

i now will be racing in july and need to peak in august, and im a little uncertain about what distance’s i should stretch my training runs out to??? and how i should plan.

i need to run 4X100 and 100m

i will also have to switch my training around as now my main season will be jun-aug and not the australian summer oct-march

any idea’s???

would it be bad if i did SPP1 (which im doing now) then raced outdoors, then did another SPP1?

Just move to Qld. The weather is much better. But, there is a winter meet on tonight (friday) starts at 6.30, just when it starts to get cold. Unsure why they want to run meets at night in winter?? Sunday morning around 10 would be ideal temp wise. And yes, in can actually get cold here, it was down around 3 or so for a couple of wks there. But around lunch time, 23 or so, nice and warm.
Not sure if i want to run in the night time winter meet. Might go and have a look.

hey, i may be running for another counrty in the near future, which means my main season will be the european season.

so basically, ive finished the oz season, then went into spp1 now may have to race july/aug, then coming back to aus, and will start spp1 again so im ready for euro season next year.

any other thoughts on how i should plan things?

budmike, how is your season going? Are you running well?
PS: not sure about your SPP question. Why would you have to do more SPP for the Euro season next year after August?

ive just come off the aussie season, now i may be racing in july/august in europe. after that i would be coming back to aus, and the season here starts in october.
so i was thinking in order to be in top form for the next euro season, i would have to do spp1, race aussie season, then do spp2 then race in europe.
does that make sense??