Periodization discussion

Great work Duxx!!

From part 4, the last chart, looks very similar to the club level players who train with me. Their important games may be spaced between a few weeks, and then they may play 2-4 full matches within 2-3 days time. In between they have games vs. poor competition and practices etc. As this is the case most of the year with them, the 3+1 loading schedule may not fit exactly.

At no point really,meaning specific game work (and the game itself) is and remains the main stimulus (set of stimuli),around which everything else should be managed. Just as speed is the component which dictates everything else in the CFTS,and which everything else always supports. Too many coaches (I should say S & C coaches) still fail to recognize this,and center everything around other elements at the expenses of specific performance (response to the main set oif stimuli above).Injuries,lack of consistency in results and performances,and all kinds of excuses,justifications,and press stories are the direct end result.

Thanks ESTI

EXACTLY!!! Very well said. S/C coaches are also becoming physical therapist/athletic trainers. This industry is going full retardation. We need to do the basics and do it good and we need to know priorities. Sometimes they change (in the annual plan)

And the other way around too…

Simple Jack? :slight_smile:

Where’s my TIVO?