Dallas Robinson makes the USA Bobsled Team!!

Old timers here will likely remember Dallas, the guy who was with Mike Young but also listening to Charlie here. At one point he had one of the fastest 55m times in the world and was a clear hopeful for the 2008 Olympics. And then, he got connected up with a bunch of charlatans (my opinion but not unique to me) at Innosport, Mike Young ultimately dropped him because he started doing different (wrong) training, and his attempt turned into a case study of how NOT to train for the Olympics. He made his own decisions, but many of us here at the time felt absolutely terrible about what happened to him.

Well. at least in speed/power events, there is life after death:

http://espn.go.com/olympics/bobsled/story/_/id/8549539/lolo-jones-named-us-bobsled-team

Push athletes Steve Langton, Justin Olsen and Curt Tomasevicz helped the “Night Train” sled driven by Holcomb to the world title last year, and all are back this season. Coaches chose nine other men’s push athletes as well: Adam Clark, Johnny Quinn, Chuck Berkeley, Laszlo Vandracsek, Chris Fogt, Dallas Robinson, Jesse Beckom, Andreas Drbal and Nic Taylor.

There you go.
I take it, he is no longer practicing with inosport or similar?

Nice to see. He had a ton of raw talent, if he would have stuck with Mike or Charlie I think he could have had a career like Ryan Bailey. Those two remind me of each other.

Wasn’t Dallas on the national rugby team at some point too?

with Mike Young yes, but not sure he was actually listening to Charlie as if he had things may well have been significantly different. The cynic in me wonders if this will be like his track and rugby 7’s careers as yes Stikki he was on the squad.

He’s a big dude and certainly has ability to push that sled quickly.

I thought he left Mike Young because he wasn’t improving? Maybe someone who knows the full story could fill us in.

Great to see that he is taking advantage of his raw talent.

I remember seeing Dallas Robinson wrestle Kurt Angle on a Pros vs. Joes episode on Spike TV a while back. Congrats to him!

Very cool!!!

I thought he left Mike the first and same year he ran 6.10 in the 55 and got 2nd at Arkansas indoor in the 200 from a bad lane…

I believe that is the truth. The info is one Mike’s site and Mike wouldn’t lie.

I forgot about that Lad. Great News!

drob9 writes: Oh and the reason I haven’t been on here for so long was because I was told I don’t need to visit or post on this site any longer. That being said all the information that I gathered and all of the coaching I put myself through… AKA my indoor times and results came from Charlie’s training guides/ or this site… basically that is a thank you for having this site as a resource.

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?14651-Getting-faster-at-25/page46

CF: Cardinale rule - If ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

How’d he do?

Great for Dallas! It is good to hear he is doing well.

Also great to go back and read Charlie’s posts and recommendations. I saw from Dallas’ bio he participated in the US Army World Class Athletes Program. I am not sure if he took my recommendation, but I was one who recommended the program to him about 4 years ago when he was in need of a sponsor. Charlie

I just re-read the drob thread; my apologies to Mike Young, my memory was way off. I don’t go to Elitetrack so I don’t know too much about him. Clearly Dallas was influenced by guys who were in way over their heads with his level of talent.

There are some incredible takeaways from the thread. I have to say, it’s amazing the politics that rear their ugly heads once an athlete starts to run fast. You can sit in a facility as an athlete for YEARS where no coach will pay a lick of attention to you, and as soon as you drop a time half of them want to be your best friend, while the other half are looking for anything negative they can find!

It’s great to see that Dallas figured things out in the end. The man is a beast.

I’d love to see him post something now that he’s a few years removed from his sprint aspirations and see what he thinks he did right and what mistakes he thinks were made. It could help a lot of other athletes.