Paris 2009 golden league on live

http://www.universalsports.com/mediaPlayer/media.dbml?id=351045&catid=-2&sid=13055&db_oem_id=23000

Is Gay running?

Just bolt is.

they will avoid each other until worlds

I liked seeing them doing some AIS in the warm-up on his hams, glutes, and psoas for Bolt. Too bad they didn’t show more.

lol I was looking hard trying to steal some secrets.

It would be cool if they had a small camera crew just filming usain bolt throughout the whole meet.

Yohan Blake had the best entrance, ever, for a sprint race. Bolt is awesome, but Blake just out showed him. Forgetting of course running the race part ;).

All 3 Glen Mills athletes in a pb

Just watched Usain Bolt run 9.79 in the rain and into a 2 meter wind with a lousy start, what acceleration he had, WR is in jeopardy @ World’s for sure. :rolleyes:

Naw just 2 bolt didnt pr

It seems like everyone has a signature move at the start of the race now. Ever since bolt now everyone wants do something. Bernard williams was the originator but i guess people didnt copy him cause he wasnt breaking world records. Bunch of copy cats imo. Except for bolt cause he brought it back out.

Shit yeah my bad. Meant 3 sub 10, 2 PR.

Was the wind really 2 meters? I was stealing glances with my boss in the room, I thought it was 0.2. Weather was terrible

Start looked quite ho-hum.
So how is anyone ever going to beat this guy? If a poor start into a headwind and in the rain still gets him below 9.80, what can anyone else do?

I love that super high-speed camera

You are correct -0.2…

Stylee, it looked on the wind meter like .2 but they said into a 2 meter wind, they had been saying it was breezy, he’s incredible, on a wet track yet, yikes!:confused:

I agree, think it was a 0.2 headwind Stylee

It was -0.2. Gay ran 9.77 with +0.4, so unless Bolt sorts out his start I think Gay may be able to challenge him.

not the same conditionthis was cold and remember rain

Robin, you’re right on with the wind, just got a hold of an official who was there via e-mail, wind was -0.2, the announcers screwed up, still impressive, and I’m not quite sure I agree that Gay can beat him, it will be interesting, Bolt’s reaction time was .174, the 2nd slowest in the field.

0.17 is a decent reaction time for Bolt. He hardly ever reacts faster than that. At the moment, Gay would probably be ahead of Bolt at 70 or 80m, and Bolt isn’t used to that. I’m not saying that Gay will beat him, but he should certainly be able to push Bolt all the way to the line.

Bolt’s start has been quite bad this season, probably as a result of the long to short approach he seems to have followed. His top speed and SE is certainly in place, and if he can get his first 30m back to where it was last year, the world record should definitely fall.

i dunno gay has raced less this year and got faster times, bolt this time last year was already much faster with less races also, im gonna place my money on gay, there i said it lol