2. Usain Bolt JAM 9.79
  3. Tyson Gay USA 9.85[b]
  4. Frater 9.89 JAM [/b]
  5. Patton USA 9.93
  6. D. Atkins BAH 10.00
  7. Walter Dix USA 10.03
  8. Martina 10.05
  9. Burns 10.12

To be clear, these are Dr.Sprints official picks. Not bad either!

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com:wink:

Too early for me to tell much. Asafa and Tyson didn’t look too happy though Tyson might just need one run the shake out the cobwebs and get his confidence in his leg. Only he knows how that leg really feels now.

1º Place: Bolt.
2º Place: Powell.

I don’t think I would pick Asafa yet from seeing him on the physio table after the race. Hopefully tyson will come into form through the rounds.

oh no what happened. At least we will always have this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFzazuto15g

Thank you, word is that gay felt kinda rusty.

The BBC were reproting he (Asafa) was having stomach problems before the race but they weren’t clear wheteher it was muscular or something he ate. After the race though they showed some clips of him with the phsyio inspecting his abs and he was in quite a bit of discomfort. A bit later they showed him having some work done.

Colin Jackson reckons he’ll just get an injection and’ll be fine though!?

Sigh. He’s still my pick though.

bolt 9.76
gay 9.79
powell 9.80

bolt is too hard to pick against and I just get the feeling that gay will have the edge on powell…

Yeah i’m thinking this way also. I will pick Bolt but
only as Gay may have the recent injury in the
back of his mind. As far as Asafa goes, I would
really love to see him win but he continues to fold
in the big ones.
I wouldn’t bother picking times - i doubt they will break the WR this time.

Didn’t he have problems at the WCs… rumors that he was out/injured/having problems in the early rounds? I call choke-city baby (even though I actually hope he or Gay take it).

I would like to put some money at good odds on Fasuba to grab a medal … he’s been totally ignored in IAAF previews and everywhere else, yet he’s run PBs for 120 and 150 in training and he’s the world indoor champ at 60m, plus he was fourth in Osaka last year when ignored yet again.

My local betting agency quotes Fasuba at 150-1 but will only take money on him for the win, not the place. I reckon if things pan out well for him, and not so well for one of the big three, he’s the man to step up to the podium.

Based off of season bests, and not career PR’s I highly doubt it.

You’re not the only one. That’s why he’s 151-1

I got set. I’m on $3750 for an outlay of $50 for a place. C’mon Olu :stuck_out_tongue:

Bolt 9.75
Powell 9.80
Gay 9.82

dr. sprint,

Switch the top two and pick your DVDs :slight_smile:

I can hear ato boldons voice in the back of my head telling me that Powell is not made for championship running. or mutiple round running.

I guess every great sprint prophet has to be wrong at least once. Heck, I predicted just about every track and field race right for like ten years now. I guess every once in a while I have to be wrong. :smiley: I even called Bolt’s world record almost to the exact 100th.

We will see what happens. I’m still holding out. I might change, you never know. I don’t like being wrong.

-Guy