Not getting much faster

I don’t get it, what’s the diff between overtrained and overreached?? You are either over or under…

what is a more ideal volume?

adjusting owm workouts w/ club its been:

mon: rest
tues: tempo or spec. endurance
wed: lifting
thurs: rest
fri: speed/plyos/lifting
sat: rest
sun: speed/plyos/lifting

Ideal volume is dependent on the person. If you are getting worse rather than getting better or maintaining, then something is too much.

Im not getting worse, im just not improving at the rate I want to be.

Overtrained is over a much longer period of time. If you had a hard week of training, you probably wouldn’t be ready to PR that weekend–ie you’re overreached. If you were to rest up a bit you’d be okay. If you’re overtrained, most research and literature points to it being a process of many weeks and months that takes and equal amount of time to completely recover from.

“Started off indoor season running 7.46 (old pb was 7.48 from last season) and after 7 weeks im running 7.38 now. I ran a 7.45 just today though…”

If you just aren’t improving at the rate you want to and you are personally convinced that there is nothing wrong with the training (which you apparently seem to believe), then there isn’t much else you can do. Man up at the races I guess. If it isn’t training, then it has to be something.

It also seems im running a bit faster in practice than at meets, I may be wrong, but that’s how it feels like.

My ass you are, no way you are running faster in workouts vs meets.

It’s only how it feels like.

Because your running relaxed and on race day when lane 7 start to creep on you your body starts to fight and all goes to hell. Maybe you are like me, it take 7-10 races for shit to settle down.

If you have all the answers, stop asking questions.

i dont have the answers, im just saying how something feels like to see what the problem could be.

I think this is definitely right.

your over doing it in training, you need to taper properly for a competitive season and race

So what is an ideal volume to be going with then?

would movre things down a little 2-2-1
tempo twice a week, speed twice a week and weights only once during your comp phase, let your body recover its not about doing as much as you can its doing it right

You would only know this if you had a full FAT system and a starter. You could be just more relaxed in practice and it might feel faster. Maybe that’s your problem no relaxation when you race…

I would go 1 tempo session, 2 speed sessions, and 2 weight sessions.

Another question… do you guys think it’s better to run 2-3 more indoor meets (already done 4) or just do 1 more at very end of the season and do more training?

race!!!..