New website.

Ok I just got a tweet about Mike Barwis starting a new website on how people can learn about his methodology.http.www.barwismethods.com
Seriously! I forgot stupidity has no limits! Now you want to spread our nonsense! You already have Univ of Mich fans brainwashed that you know what your doing and now you want the world to know that your an idiot! Seriously dude call charlie or james or some of the other people on this forum that know strength and conditioning and speed.!

Tune in this week for a battle of the ultimate training methods. PSU vs Mich

Wow! I didnt know Penn state had a “GENIOUS” as a S&C coach?

trains the offense, because thier defense sucks, especially the secondary. Pathetic and I sure didn’t see Michigans Mike Barwis made physical dominance. The got humbled a little in Ann Arbor. Still a few years to improve before the alum put heat on. PSU just a much better team at almost every position(Except Brandon Graham). Dude is a monster.

I watched the game and was wondering what we will hear from Barwiss

The defensive talent on this team is about as bad as any time I can recall over many years watching UM.

The db play other than Warren is very bad though Kovacs has been very good in run suppport but the linebacker play has also been horrible. Especially Ezeh and Mouton-the two coached by Hopson. The worst part about those two is that seem to have actually regressed since last year-even on a 3-9 team then. Whereas the two coached by Robinson-Brown and Roh have played well for the most part.

I remember some weeks ago wwatching the game against Indiana…Indiana OL opened Holes a lot of times…

I would love to hear Barwis’ take on their HUGE advantage in strength, speed, proprioception, 3 dimesnional awareness, yada yada. I hold nothing against someone who wants to make a living in strength & conditioning, just stop with all the hype and bullshit. No other team in the country hypes the S&C coach like Michigan. I see plenty of teams(USC, etc) who use drastically different approaches than Barwis with better results. I think he needs to blow his own horn to solidify his job status. “If I dole out enough ball busting workout, everybody will understand my value.” It idiotic!!

I couldnt have said it better myself. Like you and I’m sure other people feel this way, I dont fault anybody who wants to make a living at S&C. But come on! Like speedcoach said, I believe he’s getting all this hype cause he’s at michigan. Believe me if your from the state of michigan or live here all you hear is how great “we are” and how “we’re gonna be good this year”. Its so funny cause I have alot of friends and family who went to Mich (my dad and brother went there) and they all hate the fact that there beloved wolverines are just weak!

On the website…I saw Bratlon Edwards endorsing him…but…I also remeber an Interview in which he said he continued to train with his father…

Yeah spoke to Braylons dad at a recent track meet and he does continue to train with his dad. I think he endorsed him as a favor the the university or basically to get paid.

who was still a student tell me Braylon walked out of one of MB’s workouts saying it was “wack”. I believe MB called him a p*y. Braylon said call me what you want, this st is crazy. I don’t buy all the BS about all these pros training there. Not unless they enjoy watching their careers go down the tubes.

Braylon’s father, Stan, is my track coach on Maximum Out Put Track Club. Braylon still trains with and receives advice from his father along with whatever he was doing at the Browns/ is doing at the Jets. I walked on the UM football team and got injured the second day of practice. What I noticed in the weight room reminded me of a bunch of high school kids just trying to get numbers with no respect to form or ROM.

I heard that story, too, from a reputable source.

I do think a lot of players have been training there, though.

It could be that they are doing just some of his program or that it is just short term enough to serve a purpose.

Overtraining never serves a purpose no matter the duration.

I agree, it would not be an ideal situation.
I meant due to the pro’s schedules they’d either do it for such a short duration that it would be more of an overreaching week rather than an overtraining phase. That or the possibility that again due to their schedules they’d actually miss whole sessions that would reduce the opportunity of being over-trained.

Oh yes…overtraining can be useful to test some Omegawave machine:)

will be an early end to what could be a productive career. Football is so damaging to the body. I train mostly high school and college football players. I try to get max gains while minimizing too much stress during the off season because God knows what the hell the coaches have in store. My experience is nothing good. I will go back to the guy who is CMU’s S&C coach. 1200 rep leg workout. Thats not a typo. Started with 50x3 @ 315 lbs. Then 10X30 band squats. I dont even know the rest, all I can say is 2 of my kids have had to meniscus surgeries in 3 season. Maybe just a fluke, but i think it has to do with overtraining.

I thought I would puke when I saw that for $10 more I could get an autographed copy of the books.

Are these 1200 reps mostly unweighted?
My leg workout, not including calf work, but including warm-up reps, has about 100 reps.