New website.

The workout started out with 50x3 reps with 315 lbs. Then it progressed to 30 rep sets of band squats. 10x20/leg walking lunges with weight, etc. Completely insane if you were a bodybuilder let alone an athlete. They also woke the kids up one night at midnight to run 50x110 yds 30 secs rest. Talk about just derailing the training process. I suppose the next day its back to business as usual. I don’t claim to be the smartest cat, but I don’t try to wreck kids so I can look like I am doing something. I prefer for parents to think that what I do isn’t a big deal. I like it when after a summer of speed work, they are suddenly one of the quicker players on the team. Thats what I love. They just see the kids running. Cones, whistle, stopwatch. High tech!!! Not to pile on, but I am still waiting for Michigans physical dominance to show up.

Yeah… don’t know if that will show up anytime soon.

I can understand the first year transitioning into a new program (tactical, technical, and physical), but after the first year you would think the athletes would be comfortable and understand the philosophy.

Whatever they’re doing from tactical, technical and physical standpoint, isn’t working or showing improvement.

The two biggest issues as I see it are that:

1)They have lost a large number of players in the last 3-4 years. Guys who were either shown the door or who just left the program. There would not be the current talent shortage that currently exists were it not for the mass exodus/forced departures.

2)There are some very suspect asst. coaches on the staff on both sides of the ball but particularly on defense. I like Greg Robinson as the DC but some of the assistant coaches-especially Gibson should be let go-at least as far as coaching the db’s. His ability to recruit, on the other hand, is said to be very good so if it did not create a coaching numbers issue he should be the recruiting coordinator but I doubt that ever happens. The lb’s under Jay Hopson have regressed-Ezeh and Mouton. The lb’s under Robinson, Roh and Brown have played very well for the most part. Brown has had some issues in coverage but has performed better this year than most UM fans ever though was possible given his poor play at safety in years past.

On offense, the wideouts under Tony Dews run very poor routes and do little to help out Forcier when he is running for his life-which is often. They become statues.

The OC Magee goes long stretches of games where he, apparently, completely forgets about some of the weapons he has on offense though his TE’s have dropped a number of easy passes this year.

Never ending topic, it has been 10yrs and you guys are still talking about U of M strength and conditioning program.

we do athletic prep in Michigan. I have been doing this full time for 15 years quite succesfully. I just hate the trickle down effect that bleeds into what I try to accomplish. We have an excellent injury rate. One ACL in 100’s of players. I have been lucky to pick the brains of some pretty intelligent people icluding Ian king and Charlie. The problem is we will have a kid test out running 4.4-4.5 and strong come back injured, weaker, and slower. I gained 21 lbs in college while losing no speed. I won;t name the University, but the S&C coach told one of my kids they could powerclean everyday, without problems. I have no personal bone to pick with Barwis other than when it affects my living. Getting sick of people wanting me to do their kids the Barwis route. Not gonna happen.

No offense to you or any of the other U of M athletes cause I’ll admit U of M has a huge tradition in sports. The problem is that with your tradition everyone is brainwashed to think that whatever they do its right and its considered the bible of training which could be further from the truth. Case in point, U of M has a moron S&C coach and everyone is following him cause he’s from U of M therefore they think his stupid ideas are right. Since when do you train a lineman like a qb or vice versa?

It is now more the norm than the exception. It’s just ignorant that these guys go unchecked. I see a lot of bad training in my athletes who play at a variety of universities. Just ignorant. People get all pissy in Michigan when you question what goes on at U of M.