New to sprinting, how do i train?

Hello, I am new to this forum and I arrived here by searching the internet about sprinting.

I run 3 times a week strictly for conditioning and I also do strength training 3 times a week, alternating these activities. I do this to look good and feel good. I usually did distance running 8-10km and some hills. A couple of months ago I started to incorporate intervals and sprints into my running and became addicted to sprinting, and my quads just blew up! I would like to improve my sprinting and learn some basic proper techniques. I have seen some things on websites about form so I guess I should try it next time I am running. Could anyone suggest a training program that I could do 3 times a week that would help me improve my speed and overall conditioning. Also are there any sprinting clinics etc. in Toronto?

Thanks

Clinics? Yes, ours. Let me know if you’re interested by sending a message to info@charliefrancis.com, subject; TORONTO CLINIC. Note that we also run a clinic in Edmonton Alberta. Let us know what works for you.

:slight_smile:

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Do a clinic for sure… get ahold of Rupert whatever you do and attend. Its way worth it.

3 x per wk.
Group you speed sessions with your weights sessions on the same day with weights after speed, or speed endurance sessons.

do hard one day, easy the next. ie
mon speed endurance and weights
tue easy tempo
wed off??
thu blocks and weights
fri tempo
sat n sun off

thats 4 i know