new program...PLEASE READ

ok well i tried to post this in my other thread called plan but it said u cant post twice in a row so…

i designed this program today and i want ur insight on this, im sick and tired of this bullshit and me worrying about silly shit. so instead of whining, i made my program im gonna start because i finished my other one. here it is please give me ur deep thoughts and things i can improve upon it because i am going to start it tomorrow. feel free to give me any thought u have on ur mind about how i can change it or add something to it…plus i have practice 6 days a week and we do real light sprinting (once or twice) and some running up hills , thats done 5 days a week, but i will try to go low intense on those on my rest days…here it is:

Monday-High Intensity

-Full Squats 5x5
-Reverse Hyperextensions 3x6-8
-Lunges (each leg) 3x8 (replace with GHR every week)
-Dumbell Shoulder Press 4x8-10
-Front Dumbell Raise 3x8
-Dumbell Shrugs 4x8

Wednesday-High Intensity

-Bench Press 4x6
-Close Grip Bench Press 3x12
-Wide-Grip Pull ups 3x6-8
-Bicep Curls/Superset with Tricep PushDowns 4x8
-Seated Cable Row 3x8
-Lateral Pull Downs 3x10-12

Friday-High Intensity

-Romanian Deadlift 4x5
-Box Squat 3x4
-Leg Curls (Heavy Negatives) 3x6
-Dips 3xFailure
-Chin Ups 3xFailure

mon:
hang snatch 5x5
hang clean 5x5
clean deadlift and shrug 2x5 3x3
push jerk 5x5
back squat 5x5
rdl 3x6
bp 10 8 6
hanging leg raises 3x10

wed:
hang snatch same as monday
hang clean same
snatch deadlift and shrug same
push press same
front squat same
good mornings/legcurls 3x5/3x8
close grip 10 8 6
pillars 2x30sec

fri:
hang snatch same as wed
hang clean same as wed
clean deadlift and shrug same as wed
back squat same wed
push jerk same wed
back squat same as wed
glute ham/leg curls 3x6/3x8
incline press 10 8 6
roman chair twist 100x

give this a try for 4 weeks and focus on bar speed and tech.

i have been doing this for a while and i am now 5’8 205, squat 455 bench 365, power clean 305 with 35in vj and a 4.42 40…

that is too many exercises and it will fry me because i also have practice 6 days a week. please comment on my program. yes maybe ur program did good for u but i want what works best for me so please give ur thoughts on mine

Agreed; that is an INCREDIBLE amount of volume Ufootball.

plz can i get a critique

there is no need for all the aux work like curls, back and all the bench work. and the db shrugs are pointless bc u cant use enough weight for power if u going to do shrugs do barbell power shrugs with straps with at least 405. drop the db sh press and add push jerk r push press. your volume on the closegrip is toooo high no more then 8 reps on the close grip. please please please please drop the BOX SQUATS there are better movements out there like band speed squats, front squats r just plain squat. you should try and add some single leg work like 1 leg squats, stepups or spilt squat. YES MY VOLUME MAY BE, MY BAD I HAVE A VERY HIGH WORK CAPACITY FROM MANY YRS OF INTENSE TRAINING and it dont affect my speed workouts…

peace homey

thanks but sorry cant do that i like box squats and shoulder work is essential for vertical leap, can give u a couple of inches, any elite poster wanna please give me a good critique? :cool:

shoulder work is not a key ELEMENT in a vj… you want to drive ur arms when jumping that has nothing to do with shoulder press… if anything the jerks would be better bc they ARE explosive. U WANT A HIGHER VERTICAL FOLLOW THESE TIPS. RETRACT THE SOULDERS WHEN PERFORMING THE REACH. STERECTH YOUR LATS BEFORE THE TEST. ALSO U NEED TO FIGURE OUT WHAT UR EMPHASIS NEEDS TO BE… FOR EXAMPLE MEASURE UR REACH AND THEN PERFORM A VJ, THEN PERFORM A 1/2 squat position and PAUSE FOR 2-3 SEC THEN JUMP. IF YOUR VJ IS A LOT GREATER THAN UR PAUSE JUMP THIS means UR PLYOMEtric EFFICIENCY IS EXCELLENT. THUS U CAN SPEND LESS TIME ON JUMP TRAINING AND MORE ON ABSOLUTE STRENGTH. IF THE 2 JJUMPS ARE SIMILAR IT MEANS UR ABSOLUTE STRENGTH IS VERY GOOD AND YOU PROBABLY NEED TO INCREASE YOUR MOVEMENT VELOCITY.