New Article: Planning the strength training

The new article regarding planning of the training in general but mostly for strength training. It’s full of typo 'cause my spellchecker doesn’t work. Hopefully, it is going to be published somewhere and edited, Till then try to read this version. Enjoy and share critiques.

http://rapidshare.com/files/185353191/Planning_the_strength_training.pdf.html

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector’s Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector’s Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector’s Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

A friend of mine Steven, put the file on his server: http://idisk.mac.com/stevenbubel-Public?view=web
Search for ‘Planning the strength training’

Duxx, i really like this article and am reading through it for the second time right now. I really liked how you stated so much that I believe in. I have read much of the referenced materiel you name and it was a pleasure to have it all put together in a orderly manner. well done. Ill let you know more after this second time, but really, nice job. -nikboa

Excellent work Duxx, a lot of stuff all in the same place.

I am curious, how many hours did you put on that piece of paper?

I would love to take a look at this article but I am having a real hard time getting it open> One of the links states > Limit of ten

Any help appreciated.
Signed
Older dude with little computer expertise

Thanks guys. Actually, when I read Mike Tuscherer’s Reactive Training manual, although solely geared toward powerlifters, something clicked in my brain and I needed to sort-the-things-out. It took a while, almost a month. There are a lot of myths I needed to break, like that of linear vs. western periodization. I guess the things are little clearer now.

There are great number of spell errors, but hopefully the editor will get rid of it and it is going to be more readable. There is a lot of things to be said, so I guess I will update and correct this article on the go. I got new Issurin’s book and also need to read CFs book and review it as I have promised.

Really great work Mladen! Respect!

duxx, any updated version or news on how the research is going?

I am still waiting for the article to be edited and published. No any major changes. I have just finished reading new Vladimir Issurin book, and basically I would love to edit some terms to be mroe precise, and funny enough, he approaches annual planning in the same, 3 layer approach (Three Zoom/Planning Levels) as I described in the article.
Just started reading Ultimate Concepts by CF… expect full review soon

duxx, nice work. I didn’t read the whole thing yet but so far very nicely put together. I have learned some new concepts and ideas and you’ve help me piece together some misconceptions or questions I had. Nice job.

Duxx, great work, I totally agree on the division into three zoom and on the classification of intensity.

But I have to say that conjugate sequence system of Verkho is not exactly a sequential method, but a emphasis method.

He said this in his forum (if you want I find it).

You do not only examine a graph ABC, but all his graphics.

Especially the graphics examples in every sports where he shows the ondulation of means and quality throughout the year, they are curves, not broken…

I have an article where C. Abbott also says that, unfortunately, is in pdf that can not be downloaded in this forum.

Thanks for reply Dimitry. I am more ‘familiar’ with block approach of Vladimir Issurin, and this is why I would love to discuss with more experienced people the differences between the systems. Let me quote myself:

I guess the main differences between Verkhoshansky ans Issurin models are that Verkhoshansky puts strong emphasis oemail,n strength and special strength block and purposelly induce delayed training effects (via over-reaching), while Issurin does not do that (at least it doesn’t go into much detail on this very topic in his book), but I could be wrong. I would love to discuss this models in futher detail, but I guess they are a topics of another article(s).

As for the used graph in the article, it was mainly used as an graphical representation of Verkhoshansky system as a type of block approach. Nothing more.

If you have some interesting links or articles, I would be more than happy if you could send them on my email or post them here. Thanks

Hi Duxx,

Great job with your article! Duxx and Dimitry could you discuss the differences between Issurin’s, Verkhoshansky and Bondarchuk’s block systems? It seems to me that the block system is great for individual sports but it could be difficult for team sports, where you have to maintain strength through out the year. For example American football, basketball etc…

Also, maintaining strength becomes an issue in block training. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks Everett.
I would love to hear that kind of discussion too, but what I do know is mostly in that article. So, more experienced (both practically and theoretically) members should do that job.
Although we had a ‘duel’ here at cf.com, I would love to hear what that little bitch :slight_smile: Dan Partelly has to say.

As for team sports and block system: I am trying to make my own system, but that would be more simmilar to a Emphasis model. I have some ideas, and hopefully I will put them on paper in due course (I am also planning the next season for volleyball).

I am trying to put this article on publish at elitefts.com, but that was before 5 months… I don’t know if their queue is that long or what…

Hi Duxx and Everett.

If Duxx knows better Issurin, I do not know him very well, I know well only CSS of Verkho.

x Duxx: Actually have 2 articles: one of Tom Myslinsky, it is on Elitefts.com, then I believe that you have already it. And second is of C.Abbott. Then I have italian books, free articles of Verkho’s site and his manual for coaches.

In team sports Verkho had already experience in USA in the 80’, his program was used by New York Giants, world champions in the 80’.

Thanks guys!

Duxx I would love to see a discussion on all three systems!! Dimitry, I have all of Verkho articles from his website but I have nothing from Issurin except a power point presentation. I have few articles on Bondarchuk that discusses his system with throwers.

I have been trying to get Verkho program that Johnny Parker used with the 80 Giants, but no success.

I hope we can have a civil discussion on this forum and maybe throw some ideas around.

Again congratulations Duxx fantastic article!! Also, Dimitry I would like to say congratulations on your powerlifting block on Verkho!! I actually used some of the block A and Block b with my football team. They really got strong, however I have moved from that team due to personal reasons.

The program for NYG is on his forum, as well as in his books in italian and in english book: pratical manual for coaches.

It is a true block system: strength, power, speed, but depends for how to organize it, on your off-season available time.

I have taken it as input with some variations to train an italian team of american football, as strength coach for the first two blocks.

I am very happy that you’ve been successful with my system.

Thanks Dimitry, but I cannot find it? Could you tell me where to look? I am qaiting for Vercko. release of the new coaches manual. THX

Everett, here we are OT, go here:

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=20463