Need some help with GPP.

So 5-6x150 would be done with short acceleration and hold so that it’s done at about 95% intensity primarily to practice technique, rather than trying to get faster?

Thank you.

Many thanks bold, all is reavealed, interesting variation, worth consideration.

So I’m looking for a hill alternative for my next upcoming GPP which I’m planning to start later next month when all the meets are over…

I want to get something that’s affordable, but even more importantly, portable and storable.

I’m considering isorobic exerciser, but will have to take cost of the rope and how much space it takes up.

I’d rather not get the metal sled…however, what do you all think about this carpet sled? http://www.elitefts.com/catalog/product/view/id/24873/

Slightly cheaper, but MUCH more portable and storable. I know that the surface at the bottom is made of different material than regular metal sleds, and may slide differently (different coefficient of friction), and because the whole thing is lighter, more weight plates will be needed to provide the same amount of resistance.

I wonder if sliding differently due to different material make it bad for GPP sprinting purposes…and if running with this will cause the sled to flip around because it has smaller area of contact with the ground.

If this sled does work, I think this might be the best option for me because if I were to use about 10-20% of my body weight, that’s about 15-30 lbs. Probably won’t need too much weight since I’ll be on grass or turf, where sleds tend to not slide as easily.

Not sure what is available at present, however, I got my isorobic exerciser off of ebay in 2008 or 2009 for $10. Whether you find one of these or an exergenie or apollo, the transportability of them is unmatched. As I stated in the isorobic thread, I just picked up 50m of nylon cord earlier today and between that, the isorobic and the belt I use (a Spud inc belt squat belt) the whole set up fits in any back pack and only weighs a few pounds.

So I guess long rope doesn’t really take up that much space?

This entire set up (Isorobic, Spud Inc belt squat belt, 50m black nylon rope, 2m white nylon rope, and two snap hooks) easily fits into a backpack Isorobic small.jpg

Thank you for the picture. It really doesn’t take up as much space as I thought. Guess I just need to find good price like you did.

My set-up is very very similar. Tnx for sharing.

BTW, would I have to get the manual to learn how to operate the device and replace the rope? It looks like it’s not available online.

I don’t have the manual. The inner workings of the isorobic are very simple and include minimal working/moving parts. It is very easy to disassemble/reassemble.

Thank you. I will give it a try without the manual if it comes down to that.

I used my isorobic exerciser for the first time. Using 200ft long 1/4in diameter nylon braided rope from Home Depot as Mr. Smith suggested.

For some reason, whenever I do reps (10-30m reps), most of the time, I’d feel pretty much no resistance at the beginning, then after about 15 meters or so, I get resistance. It’s not a gradual one, it’s a sudden one. I’d be running for the first like 15 meters with nearly no perceived resistance, then all the sudden the rope starts to slow me down.

I’m pretty sure it’s not me getting tired and slowing down, because its really only 15 meters and if it was me getting tired, my perception of resistance would come and increase gradually.

When I rewind my rope after the rep, I feel the same way. I would be feeling a lot of resistance ininially, then towards the end of the rope where my belt attaches to, resistance disappears suddenly.

If I dial up the resistance, I do feel the resistance even at the beginning, but then when I hit about 15 meters, the resistance is waaaaaaay too much.

I wonder if there’s a problem with the isorobic or the rope, or is it normal for this to happen?

From what you have wrote so far I can only assume that the issue is with rope.
Can you take a picture of the inner part of the rope please.

It’s also possible that you made an error when feeding the new rope through the device then reassembling it. Be sure that the rope is not twisted when inserting the internal mechanism back into the housing.

These last 6 weeks with Larry Fitzgerald we’ve been all over the US and overseas and been using the Isorobic with 40m rope two times per week throughout. It has worked fantastically well.

Be cautious not to use it in damp or rainy conditions, however.

IMG_0229.JPGIMG_0230.JPGIMG_0231.JPG

I’ve attached pictures of isorobic with rope and the interior of how it is set up.

I’ve attached picture of how I set the interior of the isorobic with new rope, and as far as I can see (it’s difficult to see deep into the housing), I don’t think there’s any twisting.

I used in a nice, dry sunny weather. The rope did not get wet at all.

How about picture of the rope

You can see the rope along with the isorobic, right? Do you need closer zoom in picture of the rope?

It’s about core of the rope

Ohh core is what you mean as inside of the rope? I don’t know how to disassemble a rope, or un-braid it. I wouldn’t want to cut the thing up and ruin it. Is close up picture not good enough?