Men's Journal Article: Everything You Know About Fitness is a Lie.

Gym machines are boring, CrossFit is sadistic, and dieting sucks. Luckily, none of them is essential to being truly fit. Through years of trial and error — and humiliation at the hands of some of the world’s top trainers — the author discovered the secrets to real health.
by Daniel Duane

For the entire article: http://www.mensjournal.com/everything-you-know-about-fitness-is-a-lie

The article was okay until they used Vern Gambetta’s name in the same sentence as the word “brilliance”.

No decor either, I noticed: just a few thank-you letters from military units, a wall-mounted baby pacifier with a sign saying “Emergency Use Only.”

Hilarious.

Good article.

I’ll admit - i take little notice of Vern - but - The article would be right in saying Verns training is still better than sitting on a Machine?

Perhaps then, that Verns methods are for those Transitioning from Machines into Barbells?

Hahaha. The word brilliance is tossed around far too often. I have met some brilliant trainers and the list is short. Charlie, Ian King, and Al Vermeil. I have met many other very good strength coaches whom I consider great coaches, but don’t qualify for that rarified status. My favorite quote from the article is as follows:
“But Shaul gave me a great gift that day, cluing me in to a little secret: True sport-specific training, for literally everybody except elite athletes, isn’t sport-specific at all. It’s about getting strong, durable, and relentless in simple, old-school ways that a man can train, test, and measure.” I personally think too many people try to think their way out of working hard. My simple formula: 1)analyze the sports demands 2) Analyze your status, being completely truthful of your strengths and weaknesses 3) Make a program that addresses both the prior scenarios.