Med ball Throws

I’m going to start adding med ball throws to my workouts this week. Lets get some ideas started on different types of workouts with med balls. Sets, volume, types of throws, etc.

I like powerballs for snatch throws…is their a CNS spectrum like what plyos have?

by the way how do u execute a “snatch throw”

Me too MJ, would appreciate some ideas, examples from charlie’s books, video’s
thanks

I remember charlie recommending 30-80 explosive throws, somewhere on the forum. Currently I do:

2x5 forward throws
2x5 backward throws
2x5 throws for height

Total of 30 reps

Im not looking to do any more at this stage. Other variations:

Chest throw.
Chest throw + accel.
Multiple double leg hops plus throw (fwd, bwd, ht).

Any others?

llenny

Incidently - anyone ever had a snotty little soccer kid kick their med-ball lol - rather amusing :smiley:

if you have partner, you can do throws for core work by standing, kneeling, or sitting (balanced) on a physio ball…kinda like hot potato…if u remember that game…

by the way how do u execute a “snatch throw”

you would perform this like a one arm DB snatch, just releasing the powerball at the top.

Let’s get more feedback on this. Does anyone have a website that has various exercises, possibly pictures?

here are a couple. i will look for more.

med ball

Nice one, Fluke! :clap:

Here are a few more:

Med ball 1

Med ball 2

med ball 3

Combo - Plyos/Olympic Lifts

Mj,

Add some concentric only medball throws as a introduction element, elastic eqv. work can be done if plyos are reduced.

I like to use diagonal powerball snatches as a gpp exercise. Not or the one leg “functional” aspect but for the rotational work that helps keep the spine balanced.

Clemson break that down in laymans terms, Im not looking to get real technical, give it to me john madden style along with which phase it would got to. So your saying at different phases you use different types of med ball throws!? Please show examples for build up phase: first four weeks, next fours, last four weeks (when weightroom work is cut down). Also what would happen at the competive phase?
:help:

Ive gotten some good workouts from doing multi-throws into a wall as part of a GS circuit or tempo. mostly rotational throws, over the shoulder and over the head. Most of the time going for a certain number of reps or time.

Charlie quote:
“Only the most explosive medball throws will hit the CNS hard.” or something to that effect, sorry if its a bit of a misquote.

Well, can anyone think of some muscularly intense med ball movements that will not have a dramatic effect on the CNS that could be done in place of a speed endurance workout during the offseason when your CNS is not in tip-top shape but your muscles are good for an intense workout. The ones posted by fluke seem to be more general strength core work stuff and overhead throws hit the CNS hard I think. I was thinking maybe the woodchop throw in the med ball 1 link? Any other ideas?

Don’t do medicine ball throws…like yoga and other forms of exercise it is too dangerous.

Clemson is that girl in your avatar your gf, because if it is I’ll be pissed.

thats Anna Kournikova(sp)

I would also be in Jail!

I was in Richmond Friday night and was peeling the ladies at the Java outpost on cary st. I stayed at Victoria’s pad (I had no place to stay) and this Clemson tiger was making a 3 course breakfast. I u2ued you a week before if you wanted to see me in action.