Max strength-Max speed

Assuming we are on Spp on a Max strength phase; we also are doing a short to long progression,as the one n the Vancouver2004.

Now, can’t be dangerous run so near your maximum speed (50+m,60+m) so many times, during a max strenght phase?

I understand that:
1-lot of massages and regeneration are needed;
2- we can play on the Volume of sprinting and weights(but, we have also to remember we are in a Max Strength phase).
3-the progression is smooth

but to tell the true,i am a bit scared.
How much weight volume can be roughly sustained,for leg works?(assuming that structural impact is what can be dangerous,even if that is not true since a tired NS can also cause injury )

Any toughts?

use things like ins and outs and flying runs, just focusing on being relaxed rather than achieving the highest speed possible. as well plyos with a reactive and verticle component should help. this will help develop max v(mechanically and to an extent running wise) with less chance of injury due to the residual tension, tone, and neural response to max strength.

That’s what we all usually think.

But,looking at the short to long progression Charlie was doing (Vancouver04), this must be in a SPP,and so, a Max strength phase would be there,i am quite sure about this.
(Now,maybe we have also the Max Strength phase in only the first 3 weeks,where we reach only 40+m.)

Also,in SPP the focus would be on the track(with spikes);so even if have a MaxStrenght phase, i never would think about destroying sessions.
That’s why i think the two things can coexist…but at the sime times i’am scared a little about this coexistence.

in gpp and ur acc phase u hit the max S, maybe even in the SE phase, but in order to get the proper effect of max V training weights must be at a maintainance level.

That’s ok, off course you can’t think to reach your max potential speed in a phase of high volumes of speed (and weigths).

I Hope i won’t to be boring,but looking at Charlie charts,there are 7 weeks(3:1:3) of quite consistent volume,over 2000m/week (where probably we have max strength phase,since that’s Charlie classical scheme).

In this 7 weeks,the intensity limits slowly increase,reaching in the fifth 50m (60+maintain),and in the 6th and 7th (60+m)…

Now,my question is:
won’t be dangerous run repetition up to 60m accelerating the all distance?(ok,i understand that maybe the emphasy should be on relaxation and technique,so maybe you ran on the 97% of the maximum effort)?

Could you (Charlie or who wants) explain to me how you run for example 60m (60+m) ?
Focus on effort 100%,or think to the technique and relaxations and not pushing at 100% ??