Maurice Green punks up!

Is It just me or Does it seem that every time maurice gets beat he limps off the track. HE got destroyed in the 200 semis, but qualified for the final and didnt even show up. Loser

It’s always a little interesting to me how quickly and easily that people of extraordinary talent or accomplishment can become the object of ridicule by casual observers. While logic dictates that with attention comes scrutiny and natural law dictates that people, by nature, will always, understandably offer two cents, the commentary can at times be amusing. (“loser”, “punk”, “slo-mo” etc.)

Mo Green holds the second fastest time in the history of the world, is the olympic gold medalist; is consective world champion;has gone under 10 sec. multiple times; recently scorched a 9.94 and must be considered one of the greatest, if not the greatest, 100m runners ever.

I wonder what he has to do to earn respect among those who would appear to be well informed?

HAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! I agree! I liked the comment by Dan O’Brien yesterday when he said, “Mo needs to run or shut up!”

Originally posted by prophet
HAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! I agree! I liked the comment by Dan O’Brien yesterday when he said, “Mo needs to run or shut up!”
what can tell to a guy who wons 5 medal goal in WC, the olympic tytle and done many WR?
Paris is far…

valerio

You guys need to relax ( a look at Merlene ought to do it). If you don’t like Mo dumping on people, don’t dump on him either. He doesn’t need to run another step to earn respect.

Charlie - too true. Mind you have just look at that Marlene thread :wink:

When I achieve what MG has I hope I still don’t trash talk him - it is not in my make up.

:D:D all you guys got a whippin by CF,he right chill and go to study that clip of MOttey.

maurice will prove himself once again

Originally posted by Chris6878
Is It just me or Does it seem that every time maurice gets beat he limps off the track. HE got destroyed in the 200 semis, but qualified for the final and didnt even show up. Loser

He also limped off the track after winning the World Champs in '01. Why was he faking it then?

I still think he faked that injury at the 2000 trials

Some are cynics, some are critics…

I say that only because of the Shit ( Your momma) :shoot: shit he talks. He will talk smack and then not perform well. When ever he does not perform well it is because he was hurt or something like that, never i just lost. I have a friend that works for nike, he said when maurice was running for nike he was the most arrogant/ignorant person he has ever met. I have heard that from a few other people that run track and know him. I respect that he has ran fast times.
I just hate his attitude. I think he should just stick to the 100 and stop embarrissing himself in that 200. I knew he was crazy when he said he could beat MJ. I also think that since he is so bad he should have ran the 100 in the nationals. I guarantee he would not have won. But that is my opinion. If anybody doesnt agree, then so be it.

wHY WOULD HE FAKE AN INJURY? AS WAS SAID HE WON THE WORLD TITLE WITH A BAD KNEE,HE GETS PAID APPEARANCE MONEY AND ANY INJURY THAT KEEPS HIM OUT OF TRAINING AND COMP WILL GET TOO HIM,THE AUSSIE BOYS ARE COMING TO GET THE GOLD ANYWAY! PAT JOHNSON WITH HIS TOP END AND IF SHIRVO STAYS TOGETHER IN THE LAST 30 HE COULD BREAK 10.:shoot:

I think this is why Ben was so popular. He didn’t talk trash. He said what he was going to do, and he did it. What will it take to find another superstar like Ben who let’s his running speak for himself - period.

Originally posted by NumberTwo
I think this is why Ben was so popular. He didn’t talk trash. He said what he was going to do, and he did it. What will it take to find another superstar like Ben who let’s his running speak for himself - period.

So did mike johnson. He never said anything until donovan and maurice were all in his face.

Take a look at the photo of Mo during the 9.94 run. It looks like he had an injection in his knee just before (note the bandaid). You can’t do that too often in a load bearing tendon.

Then let’s use our influence to educate the people we talk to and deal with as a start. One of the best things about this forum, in my opinion, has been the respect that has been shown by our members to the sport and those in it.

I don’t consider myself a casual observer and I don’t really consider this a bash on Mo Greene, but I do believe it is very important for guys like mo and tim to meet up in big meets on US soil.

The sport is dying, and all these guys pretended to care about it when they weren’t big, but it seems when the appearance fees started coming into play, they decided to skip the meets that weren’t as prestigious. I have much respect for mo’s story, his accomplishments and his future accomplishments, but sports do survive because of the casual observers and when they hear the world record holder and the former world’s fastest human are going to meet up in a race, they tune in. Then, when they tune in and see one of them staring the other down in his street clothes then doesn’t show up for the race, they don’t care the reason, they are just turned off by the sport.

Track is a hard sport don’t get me wrong because in 2000, the stage was set, then both guys pulled up lame, but to the casual observer, they both punked out.

I was in Sacramento in 2000 amongst the media, and i looked up in the stands and thought to myself, this race has just turned many of these people away from track and field because most of them don’t care that the winner may have beat both johnson and greene anyway, they just care that the two big name guys both limped off the track after all the hype they had raised around the race.

dazs
Let’s call a spade a spade here.
1:Mo would hardly be getting an injection if he didn’t have an ongoing problem with his knee- nor would he be running much over 10 very often- there IS a problem of long standing.
2: Tendon injuries are a problem with the new “Superfast” tracks, that are harder than ever and have extremely sudden release characteristics, along with the ever more demanding training that is the trade-off for the blistering times everyone now expects.
3:Neither Michael nor Mo got to be number ones by being afraid of ANYBODY.
4: You (and a whole lot of others) seem to think that these guys loose and then blame an injury for it, when, in fact, they lose because of the injury.
5: You suggest that the crowds are turned off because of these injuries, when, in fact, they are never turned ON in the first place by a knowledgeable press, that can communicate the facts of life in the fast lane- as is the case in Europe and elsewhere.

I think that people have to undertand that money is very important. Why fly to a meet to run for free if it hurts your training and costs you future fees. It is up to us to find ways to pay the runners well anytime they run. You don’t see NFL athletes playing in free game circuits…

Maurice Greene is a serious athlete and if I had the stats he had I’d probably boast a bit too.
I’ve seen many of the European interviews MG has done and I am really impressed by his mental attitude.
In his opinion - He is never second.
That’s not having a excuse - That is a winning mentality, he is almost always smiling and confident and believing in himself.
If he looses, he smiles and says I’ll be back.
Nobody on the track in Paris or anywhere else should be disrespected - the effort needed to get to that level is to be respected.
Perhaps we don’t like what he says - but damn, he can back it up and if anyone else ran as fast as he, consistently, for as long as he has - he could say what he liked too.
I don’t particlaurly like some of the things he or MJ say but I ain’t in any position to challenge them, I don’t have any medals.

We don’t have to like the guy to respect him