massage

I have chronic tendonitis and i got a deep massage. it felt a little sore/inflamed afterwards. is that ok?

Anytime you get a deep Massage you will generaly feel a little sore the next day. It is very important to drink plenty of water to help flush out any of the junk that may be in there. Now if you are inflamed to the point where it realy hurts , than that is something different. If a missuse is not very good they can do a lot of harm to your body, but if your only a little sore that is not something to worry about. See how you feel in a couple of days.

Is it ojk to get a deep tissue massage a week before competition? how close csn you cut it with depe massage and a competition that will be on June 19th?

If you’re not used to getting them, it might be a bad idea to try a new and unfamiliar thing right before a competition.

I think Charlie has also stated that massages should stop like 48 hours prior to competition, so that muscle tonus isn’t too low. I could be wrong on that.

A massage a week before a question as in a whole seven days is fine. If you are used to it, its generally a good idea to get one between 48 - 72 hours before a comp to help recovery and flush out your system of whatever lactic acid that might have been built up through training.