Linford Christie's Training Philosophy

Many very talented Olympic lifters are training 8 sessions+ per week and can’t power clean 170! David Morgan was 4th in the 84 and 88 Olympics at 82.5 and only power cleaned 165. Andy Callard was a Commonwealth Gold medalist at 94kg and his max was 160…

http://www.fidal.it/showquestion.php?faq=12&fldAuto=571

tape number 12, if I remember correctly

You cannot Imagine how big talent there is…I saw 165kg clean from the best italian Bobsled pusher 2 years ago, and now cleans 172,5…with good form, and is 102 kg…in Italian weightlifting there are overall maybe 2-3 guys who can do more…overall…

yes, i have this tape! you remeber correctly :slight_smile:

I ve seen Dalton Grant squat 300kg partial squat. He Linford and Collin trained together. According to him they did very little half or deep squat exercises.

Linford’s group do 1/4 squats yeah. Darren’s best clean is 135kg, his technique looked odd to me. I don’t recall Darren squatting in 2006, but I never went to Australia with them, but in Cardiff I know he didn’t do it a lot.

Kinda like a straight legged deadlift? Still it’s smooth and not ragged like Linford.

Ah… a little help here? Is the tape available in NTSC format? Would a dumb English speaking-American like myself be able to order it from that site?

PAL, and…also dumb italians can have problems:)

Linford is still in an impressive shape