Is good 100mt tempo for Soccer?

Thanx

it would be good but too long!! were in soccor do you run 100m consistantly?

you don’t so whats the point.i would cut the distance down to maximum 78-80m.or as i said before in another thread do turnabout run over 50-60m.do 1 turn around do another.you can do 2sets with 6-8 runs per set.they will improve stamina,increase recovery and general conditioning

Tony???

huh!

Anyone who has spent some time over at the Dr Squat forum will be very familiar with the infamous ‘Tony’. I’m not referring to you X-Man.

Tell us about Tony please…

No23, it’s a long story and not really appropriate to talk about on this great forum. ‘Tony’ is well known to Chris T. et al on the Dr Squat forum. Maybe you should ask Chris or alternatively, ask over on drsquat.com.

Cool, no problem,

Re: Tempo for soccer - X-man has it right as far as I am concerned, try and keep most the distances to 80m max.
If you want try fartlek for variety …

Wait, whats wrong with 100m tempo for team sports? You rarely run 70-80m either.

I consider tempo to be general conditioning type training (and of course recovery work), leave the specific energy systems work to the actual team sessions and games (which you will get a lot of in soccer).

If this is infact the infamous Tony, my advice to improve your speed for soccer are single leg depth jumps off a 2m box.

There are 2 points here …

1. The actual distance of 100ms -
    There’s nothing wrong with it - even occasiaonlly running 150 ms is fine, but why spend your time running distances continuously much greater than you will run in a game?
  2. Incorporating or replacing Team training with Tempo …
    This is specifically related to each individual and their teams training week and training types etc. Everyone has to make up their own mind how to fit it in.

Re: If this is infact the infamous Tony, my advice to improve your speed for soccer are single leg depth jumps off a 2m box… …maybe holding a pair of dumbells too?

Hey David by the way … and on another completely different topic …

What do you think of Cullen moving to Munster?

Hi Tony! :clap:

I think its the worst waste of talent ever! Everyone knows that once you ‘retire’ to the northern hemisphere, you never quite maintain your best form (Kronfeld for example).

Cullen is still the best fullback in the world, but he has lost some speed since his knee injury. Apparently he is running a little under 5 sec for 40m. If he had some top quality speed conditioning (from a coach like Charlie Francis) and regained his speed prior to the injury, he would still be the automatic choice at fullback for any world team.

There will never be another fullback like Christian Cullen!

Do you really think he is ‘retiring’ though -
He is only 27 remember!
Was it a cruciate op he had?

I find it hard (and I understand the level of competition in NZ) to understand how CC can be let leave NZ for Ireland!!!

Is it all about the Benjamins?
Apparently the contract figures aren’t that big…

Originally posted by David
[b]Wait, whats wrong with 100m tempo for team sports? You rarely run 70-80m either.

I consider tempo to be general conditioning type training (and of course recovery work), leave the specific energy systems work to the actual team sessions and games (which you will get a lot of in soccer). [/b]

I agree fully David.