injury prevention, not prolotherapy!

I have no access to anykind of prolotherapy, and my hamstrings are so easy to injure!

Mostly my right hammy! right at the top by my “bottom” so this is definatley a week point, so how can i prevent it happening?

Will regular EMS work? the only problem would be Placement of the pads as the lower pad no prob, the higher pad on the cheeks! can side by side be used?

It sounds like it is right your attachment. Have you gotten it massaged?

EMS I think would be beneficial down the road. What is your training like? What type of exercises are you doing?

Prolotherapy for muscles? I thought it was more for tendons and legaments. If you have a tear I think Truameel would be a better option.

I would say that its more the attachment also, but what can be done to strenghen this area?

I have had success doing isometric excercises. the eccentric part of your motion should be focused on too. What type of supplements are you taking?

Also. I really feel good taking Epsom salt baths. That might be something for you to consider too.

Supplements are very basic:

Multi vit
Multi Min
Fish oil.

How would you use EMS on this area? Pad placement is very hard!

A-J, regarding training, it is important to train your hamstrings as “hip extensors” rather than just “knee flexors” because the hip extension component is how the hams function in real life situations (e.g sprinting, jumping etc…) Too many trainees train their hamstrings as knee flexors doing exercises like leg curls while neglecting hip extension execises like RDL’s (semi-stiff legged deadlifts). reverse hypers, deadlifts (off the floor), and even Glute-ham raises which train both functions simultaneously.

I agree with a previous post that massage work is essential to help the injured area heal. It sounds like your problem is high up by the attachment of the biceps femoris near the ischeal tuberosity (Sit’s bone); problem is, there’s very poor blood supply to tendons (and ligaments) so these areas can turn into chronic problems! See if you can find someone who does Active release technique (ART) or Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) in your area and start getting some weekly sessions along with your strengthening sessions in the gym. It’s very important that trigger points located in the “belly” of the muscle are released because chronic contraction in the center of a muscle fiber puts a tensile stress (strain) in the attachements of the muscle. Therapies such as ART will help with scar tissue and fibrosis release while a skilled neuromuscular therapist is more likely to help diminish trigger point activity. Hope that helps.

yes I too agree with ksnidman. Very important information. I think that a ART would be good along with massage. As long as you dont dont go into debt. I still feel that isometrics for a time being would be a bennefit.

EMS, do you have a machine? If so what kind? I am a little hesitant going full speed on the EMS with your tendon. some machines have a setting where you can just flood it with blood. For the pad placement, I would try to move up closer to the tendon, and then put the other one just under the belly. I tried something similar with my quad, and it seemed to help.

Supplements, I would get Glucosamine/chondrotin.

Have you had massage? If you have not I would get this done for a time bieng before going to the EMS.

I dont do any leg curls, get regular massage and ART!

I dont massage before training though so that could be something to add to the warm up!