I don't get it Bolt

We should ask Bolt. Why he doesn’t set the wr in 40 and settle all the speculation down.

I’'m not sure what did Tremble mean by quoting - From my stats, the fastest 40y i’ve seen fro all the 9.7 or under guys was never under 4.30. That obviously includes, Greene, Powell, Ben, who were excellent starters.

I have a very strong feeling Bolt will not be that explosive nor fast on grass, out of no blocks. Actually I don’t know anything about the NFL , but as far as I know the best in there run 40 sub 4.3 fat. Bolt should show us what he’s got testing himself under the conditions those guys do. From a bit different perspective Bolt may be far from being called the fastest in the world…

Wait a minute
Snowy.here said - In Berlin, Bolt took 4.35 seconds to get to 40y from the time the gun went off
Now you say Chambers runs 4.18

Timing method different?
In football the time starts when the fucker passes some timing gate? Sorry my ignorance how accurate is this shit all? Why the difference, I’m confused. So 4.29 translates to 4.59 the way they do on the track?

There is no speculation except for you. Everyone on the planet knows bolt has superhuman speed. Its just a few idiots out there that come out the wood work to say “I can beat bolt to the 10” Not knowing that blot is now one of the fastest starters on the planet. We all know the outcome, you just want to hate. lol

Majority of the time NFl has a bunch of coaches with stop watches doing the timing. Very inaccurate

That is not how they time it. That is the issue with your ignorance.

Yeah Bolt is slower out of no blocks. I could have said him in the face and race him. It would be interesting to race him, I’ve nothing to lose, the question would have he accepted the challenge. I don’t take “I race for big money and big names” etc etc as an excuse

I don’t hate on Bolt he’s the wr in 100 and 200 and seems like leaps and bounds ahead of evryone nad hasn’t anything to prove but the higher you walk the farther you fall. It’s the matter of time the hero goes down and he knows it.

Aside from racing the second and third fastest men in history.

but the higher you walk the farther you fall. It’s the matter of time the hero goes down

This is your issue, it has nothing to do with seeing a great 40y time or a comparison between various sports stars, you want to see Bolt fail.

Sticky,
.11 fat is he leaps and bounds ahead of everyone
I don’t want to see Bolt get injured or something I wanna see him breaking 9.49 before he goes mentally and physically wise finished…

Excuse my ignorance but if the timing method for a football guy is from movement/passing a startpoint (0y) to 40y (34m) then what is difference if we get the ET time of bolt to this point (I assume something in the lines of 1.85, 1.02, .97, .36 (guessing here)) 4.20s less reaction time .10s and (what is the leadin time for football (??? .20m)) do we take off 1/2sec off for block clearance time (0.5s) 0.25ish, does this mean he is in the realm of sub 4s for 40y maybe 3.90

Bolt’s total time from the gun, until he passed through 40 yards, was 4.35 seconds. This is based on the IAAF splits from his race. Subtracting his reaction time puts him 4.20 to 4.21. It’s been mentioned many times before, but I’ve read that Ben Johnson clocked 3.7 hand timed over 40y.

40 y is 36.6 m
Ben 3.7 in 40 Video ir it didn’t happen

so when the football guys run, its from 1st movement off a touch pad or through gates at the start and finish? If through gates at both ends you can easily find 1 to 2 10ths overall. I know from trialling this in QAS tests using gates at the start

How many times do people have to say it for you people? That is NOT how it is timed. It is done with a manual (hand timed) start and sometimes with timing gates at the finish (usually a hand timed finish as well).

Ok then, why don’t somebody time bolt from reaction (hand time start) to the 40y mark and see what it might be?
Hang on, I will do it soon and post what I get from a best of 3 times.
If it is hand timed then 0.34s could be taken off bolts ET time (iaaf timing rules for events under 100m) to make it a rough 40y (4.01).

How you gonna do that when there aren’t any 40y marks on the track?

run it various times through my analysis software to indentify a position on the track, from there put it up on my projector screen and place a line on my wall to act as the finishing posts and away we gooooooooooooo.

Primitive, but could help settle this debate a little.

It’s only a debate for Bumer :). Out of curiosity, what software you using?

What debate for Bumer? Bolt should accept a few challenges to race either on track, grass, asphalt sp? sand out of no blocks through to 36.6 meters (+/- 1 m) and tape it on video. Common it’s so easy for him he’s faster than everybody even running one legged and backwards
I repeat from no blocks Bolt will be slower unless he proved us wrong!!! How many times should I repeat it.

You can repeat it as many times as you want. It’s not going to change anyone’s mind.

I would have bent Bolt down to my knees if he said it to me
Happy New Year