“The Circuit” x1
BW Leg Circuit x1

Weights
Bench Press 5,4,3,2,1
Seated Row 2x10
DB Shoulder Press 2x8
Weight Circuit 1x12
abs- +200 reps

My upper body strength has improved, i have been doing the upper weights but haven’t been really pushing them (I love doing speed work, ive learned to appreciate tempo, i generally like doing lower weights, and i have a lack motivation for upper weights) to the limits so i was pleased with what i was able to do today. This wasn’t meant to be a test or anything, and wasnt, but for the BP set of 1 i benched pretty easily 160 and think i could do atleast 10-15 pounds more which im pleased with at a body weight of 140. My next workout has 2 full 60s with no accel limit, im very excited to run a rep without keeping the lid on.

Sunday October 4

Off

Week 6
Monday October 5

Track
3x30m
3x30m Blocks
3x 20m Finish/ 40m Accel
2x60m 1 Stand/ 1 Blocks

Weights
Clean Pull 2x3
Clean 3x2
Squat 4,3,3
abs- 200 reps

Today just felt okay but i believe that is okay because of the training plan and up till week 7 being building weeks then ill start feeling fresher. Anyone have any ideas on what kind of reps/sets i should use once i go into maintenance in week 8?

Tuesday October 6

Tempo
4x300

Weights
DB Incline Press 4x8
Seated Row 2x10
Lat Pulldown 2x10
7-7-7 Shoulder Raises 2x
abs- 300 reps

Foam Roll

I was gonna do 5x300m for tempo but my calves cramped on the first rep.

Wednesday October 7

Off + Foam Roll

20m Fly/ 30m accel
20m Finish/ 40m Accel

Quick question. How would I do these reps?

They are the same thing. You have a 30m or 40m run-up/acceleration (which should be essentially as fast as you can while relaxed and entering the fly zone @ full speed) and then maintain the top speed you reached for 20m in each rep. At your speed, you likely don’t need a 40m accel before the fly.

Tricky stuff if you are reading CF spp graphs, I say this because if you do the flys the way fog mention above they are nothing more then doing a 60m sprint with 30m acc zone. Some people prefer to do flys by acc to 30m then take off (increase speed) when you hit the fly zone.

The way I do them is I, for the accel zone, do a very gradual build up to top speed and then maintain or go into “overdrive (while still staying relaxed)” once I hit the Fly zone.

Thursday October 8

Track
2x30m
2x30m Blocks
2x[3x60m (25+m)] R: 2.5/11

Weights
Clean 4x3
Squat 4,3,3
abs- 200 reps

Friday October 9

Off

Saturday October 10

Off

Sunday October 11

MB Throws
BLFT x5
Throws for Height x5
OHB x5
1 Hop-OHB x5

Weights
Bench Press 5,4,3,2,1
Weight Circuit 2x12
abs- 300 reps

Foam Roll

The purpose of today’s session was to not stray to far away for HI for too long, due to scheduling there is four days between my last speed day and my next one, so I added this day because it wasn’t much but would help make sure I’m not flat for my next speed session.

thanks everyone.
123456asdf your log is really helpful keep it up

What is + and ++ and what should the tempo be for 110 and 220m?

I do the tempo on a football field which happens to be 120 yards long (~110m). The + signifies that i would walk the short length of the field(sideline to sideline) between reps. And the ++ signifies that i would walk the long way (end zone to end zone) between sets.

And can you rephrase your second question, I’m not exactly sure what you are asking.

What is the intensiti of these 110 and 220m runs.

I cant give an exact percentage because these are on grass in trainers and my pr in on a track in spikes, so those are 2 very different things, and i also dont time these. But basically i try to do extensive tempo so im guessing about 70% given the surface,. i just try to stay relaxed and stride it out.

I did do a workout at some point that was 7x200m on the track in trainers with 200m walk recovery and i timed these between 34-37 seconds