how to apply CFTS to non-elite athletes

I just got CFTS and I’ve trying incoroporate the CFTS into my training, but i notice that alot of samples used in the book include charlie’s elite athletes AND the assumption that i have access to all these fancy recovery things like daily massages, EMS and whatever… which i don’t. Now this leaves me really lost on how to develope a routine based on his princples FOR ME, and not for an elite sprinter that doesn’t have to work or go to school.

Can anyone give me advice?

the basics are
day 1 - hard
day 2 - easy
day 3 - hard
day 4 - easy
ect ect

weights on hard days
med balls as easy sessions and hard sessions used
drills and warm ups are the same

volume will be overall lower

I would suggest only two high CNS days, using the assumption that the elite athlete has other stresses (such as work)

I Agree with 2 HI days. I don’t know your level.
BUt as you say that recovery is an issue, just take some extra rest or an extra tempo day.

You’ll get stronger/more fit in time and than you take up the volume of the high days.
Or you might even go to 3 HI days, I fyou can recover fast enough due to better fitness.

Just don’t do to much.
It’s still better to undertrain than overtrain.

would it be ok to do 2 sprint days with weights and one weights day/week or would that be too much. (with tempo ofcourse)

What level and experience? What volumes in the weight room and the track? Not enough info to answer.

thats possible, but you could combine a tempo workout with a medball/circuit workout for generals strength.

Thats way you have an extra relative weight session with little risk of injury.

I read your soccer thread.

If you’re training for soccer I wouldn’t do sprints at all.

I played soccer every day, and for a team on the weekend, being from the UK! I never ran more than 50m at one time during a game.

You don’t need any technical skills for the short sprint bursts you’ll encounter, just pure power. I’m assuming you’ll play 1 full game a week, there’s enough sprint training in 90 minutes.

GPP, vancouver series, CFTS… get the whole lot. You can draw a lot from Charlie’s material which will benefit you.

If you need any help in specific areas, don’t hesitate to PM me and I’ll help you.