How hard is it to run sub 11

okay !
http://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheelssl7.jpg

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=calfgn7.jpg

well, Football players for sure…but is another planet…
Rugby 13 and 15 has some real speedsters…
AFL I think less, soccer even less…basketball…there are guys in the US amazing…others even in the NBA who seems physically impaired

Its not a stupid question at all. I didnt start running track til I was 28, and went sub 11 that summer…10.52 to be exact. I have ran a 10.31 (may have been windy and hand timed, but it came up on a digital clock, so I am claiming it).

You can do it…but dont try to do it, just let it happen.

damn… What was your first 100m time ever ?

guys, congrats to me.
I ran 11.0s last week :slight_smile:

I guess its not that hard after all if u put alot of work into it…

CF is the man.

Forget your coach. He has no idea what you can do, and frankly I question any coach who is in the business of shooting down his athlete’s hopes.

You should run a meet and get a time for yourself in competition. That’ll help your plan for next season.

i know davan but its gonna be a problem

the coach i was talking about in this thread runs the city track team, and the only way for me to get a chest number is by joining the team.
but i dont wanna train with that arsehole …
i’m checking options right now.
also im still cutting my times by the week, a few official meets right now are irrelevant…

Yes but you don’t want to predict future results based on hand times w/o competition. Race inexperience can also kill somebody if they get too nervous or pull a leonard scott and lose .3 the last 50m by tightening up.

Also, are you in Illinois or Israel? If you are in Illinois there are tons and tons of meets you can enter w/o joining a city team.

as in like 8000.

lol nah im in israel…
i’m not a nervous guy in contests… ive been on dunk contests that were on national television and i’m cruising with the and1 mixtape of israel… competition doesnt scare me, but i know what u mean, i gotta get the hang of a gun going off, and some dudes running aside me.

I was going to make a war joke about your last sentence cause of all the conflict over there but I won’t lol.

Looking at your clips and your body composition, I don’t think it’ll be that hard personally. You just need to train the movements which won’t take very long to get a moderate handle on. 11s is an amazing time for your average untrained individual, but for someone athletic and explosive…with a bit of training it should be a given.

Good luck! (Though, you won’t need it ;))

hehe something like-
if you want a good block start in israel you dont have to enter a meet just go to some border or whatever and stay in a set position until you hear a tomahawk missile. to get the sense of competition there will be lots of people running aside you.

the race is finished when an F22 raptor spotted you on its infra sensor and it will stop timing by shooting at you.

you can then ask the data from the pilot.

hehe seriously its pretty quiet right now so…

Thanks for your believing in me man, greatly appreciated !