groin strain

I’m looking for some input on a groin injury I’ve sustained. It happened last Monday, right up near the origin of my adductors. Very high, in fact I think the psoas may be involved. I was treated with ART 3 times last week, once this week. Competed Friday (4-5 days post injury). I’ve been getting e-stim (pre-mod) before workouts, this seems to be helping.

The treatments last week got me through that competition, but I’ve got one more on March 14. How many milligrams of ibuprofen should I be taking until then? I took 800 mg three times a day last week, is this enough?

Is a pre-mod setting on e-stim better than IFC?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you guys need more info.

A few more things I forgot.

How about doing some cross-friction massage on the injured area? Before workouts or after?

Charlie has mentioned pulsing ems above the injured area to promote blood flow. Is this appropriate here?

Clemson,

Thanks for the tips. It’s tough to fathom no ibuprofen! I think I’ve been masking my symptoms for too long, perhaps things finally caught up with me.

Pineapple for inflammation? I’ve never heard of it, but I’ll definitely give it a try. That would be an excellent alternative.

I’ll be arriving in Boston Mar 13 if anybody wants to give free therapy:D

duck

Yeah, I understand. Due to the particulars of my injury, I’m needing to do more than usual on my own. Funny how the trainers seem to become busy when I walk into the room looking for treatment. Hmm, that’s odd…:slight_smile:

Thanks for the input guys. Unfortunately, I’m not improving. Last week the injured area responded well to treatment, with daily improvements. This week, though, I seem to be standing still. I’ve gotten ART three times this week, done some manual cross-friction (sorry zoom100, I’m at the end of my rope).

I’m thinking about asking a team doc to prescribe a high-powered anti-inflammatory like celebrex or indomethacin (sp). What do you think? I’ve got nationals on Friday, I need something to get me through.

Any input is greatly appreciated.