Getting faster at 25??

I am registered. Lets pray for good weather because that is an 8 hour drive for me… coming all the way from KY.

Good luck man, very impressive run.

great work!!
whats ur nutritional diet and supplement regime like?

Morning: cereal/ 2% milk/ glass of water/ 8 egg whites

Lunch: Typically a Stophers Lasagna: 2 servings are about 45 grams of protein and about 18 grams of fat… High carb count to be burned at my 4:00 workout

Post workout: Protein shake after workout: 1/2 serving GNC Mega MRP. About 28 grams of protein. 1 gram of sugar. 2 grams of fat… Tons of amino’s… and one apple for sugar

Dinner: 1/2 lb of either chicken breast with vegi’s and water or 1/2 lean beef with vegi’s and water

Bed Time: Other 1/2 of protein drink

Morning supplements: 1 multi vitamin, 2 flax seed oils, 3 glucosomine Chrondriton, 4 L- arganine

Night Time: 3 ZMA

hey bro i heard the track was 95m and everyone pr, could you please share some lite on this.

Well this would be news to me… and I was there after the meeting helping finish everything up and I heard nothing of this. UK’s track has not been changed in 21 years, not the lines, ther serface, ect. I have ran there since I was a freshman in highschool and teh state meets are always held there so if this is the scenerio then it has been that way, and unknown by all USATF and NCAA officials. But I have never measured it so I am unsure… 5 meters is .05 of one second… that would probably make up for the crappy head wind…

What’s your source on this info?

Oh and as far as everyone Pr’ing no one one that I know in the college community PR’d maybe some of the younger kids that ran perhaps but I didn’t look at their times. Actually in my heat I was the only person the break 11 seconds. Two of the guys I ran against actually ran there seasons PW. And this was my first timed event of the year so I have nothing to compare it to other than in practice my times were faster then ever and my indoor 60 was also faster than ever earlier this year. So until I know the source I would say that is 99% chance of impossible.

However if thats the case I hope when I run 10.2 in PA this weekend the track is indeed measured correctly. Us in Kentucky obviuosly cannot measure a track correctly… thats why Tyson Gay always ran so fast in Highschool…lol

http://mirror.milesplit.com/meet/results/49057

Above are drob’s result. Thanks to popequique for downloading the entire internet to find this.

Wow, that is great… Man was my 400 bad. Thanks for finding those. I would have never found em.

i didnt know you run the 400.

Well due to me being sick all last week I felt like I lost a ton of conditioning so I used the 400 just as a workout to get some endurance back in the legs. I havent ran an open 400 in practice or a meet in atleast 5 years though hence the reason for the 49… I was wanting to actually just pace of of someone for the first 300 and then pick it up but the pace was so slow I decided to just move early and maintain one speed throughout.

Not bad, keep getting fast. SKY’S THE LIMIT.

220 is a load to carry for 400 meters, although I do have a teammate that is a 45.xx despite being built like T.O.

Man, 82 degrees and 60% chance of rain.

It was 89 degrees and 30% chance of rain a few days a go. Hopefully it holds out.

I have been watching also… as long as it’s in the 80"s and no huge head wind I think I will be ok… It looks like the wind will be comming from the NE which on that track I believe is a tail wind… Lets hope

Trying to predict tail winds via the weather forecast is like trying to predict your future using the magic 8-ball :slight_smile:

I agree… just trying to make myself feel better about the possible bad weather. I am driving nearly 9 hours to run the 100 I hope the weather does indeed hold up

Hah I understand. If it makes you feel better there has been like a 50% chance of rain most of this week and it has barely rained at all. Maybe a couple brief showers.

i just joined the forum, an i was wondering if u ever tested verticle jump? stand long? stand triple? RM1 squat/cleans?
thanks, you answers may prove me some stuff im searching for.

Are you trying to find a correlation between vert, squat, etc. When I had my best start ever, my summer program included 6x3 plyo’s 5x5 squats,5x5 bench, 3x8-10 for shoulder/front press/ incline reps. Gradually tapering it down before the season. Then a max a month out. Followed by a huge cut in plyos and down to 80% again for weights. I checked my vertical a week before I out accelerated one of the fastest sprinters in the world for 45m (maybe longer). I Stood under a basketball rim. Keep in mind I am a 5’11 white guy that cannot jump that high. This program worked so efficiently though that I was able to get my entire elbow above the rim from a standing position. Im not sure this is the answer your looking for but I feel it might have some effect.

You also have to keep in mind someone like donovan bailey who benched 218, though Im not sure of his powerclean? Or Carl Lewis. Not a huge squatter I would think. I used to train with a guy that ran 10.35 did no leg training at all. It will be interesting to see what drob says though.

what i understood is that a top sprinter should be able to squat 2.5 times his body weight. also i have noticed that people with a good start always have a beyond great verticle. like u just mentioned. and on me i felt it, b/c the season before last i got up to 35 inch (which is not that great, but was good for me. i improved 3 inch that year.) yet, this past season i went down under 30 inch (due to too much track workouts, and not enough speed) and my start was in worst shape ever.
p.s
dr. sprint and anyone else. could you please give some examples of plyos or any good exercise that would help my explosive (how many sets and reps, how many times a week etc). and please try to write it in simple terms b/c im not aware of those that u guys use here.
thank you so much