Getting faster at 25??

what bout from the jail cell

Yes I agree. And yes he could coach me and probably get the school to cover my training expenses putting me on staff as a “coach”

This is what I was thinking. I could really use an internet coach to help with advise, scheduling, routines, and workouts and I could then explain them to my coach and make sure he is present to help facilitate and motivate.

What was the Jail Cell comment?

lol, talking bout tyson gay coach - hes in jail and still able to do a great job coaching his athletes it can be done but will take great efforts by the coach and athlete.

Oh ok… wow I didn’t even know his coach was in jail… I ran against Tyson all through High School and mostly through college since we were in the same region for the NCAA regional meets. We were the same year in High School… Funny thing is I had a team mate that beat Tyson at State two years in a row in the 200m by .01 of a second. His name is Ben Kittleson we ran together at Oldham County High

I wouldn’t get that crazy with the weight loss. I’m 6’2" 200lbs and I aint that big at all. You’re 6’4" so you might want to get to 210-215 or so. I would just eat less and perform few reps in the weight room(keeping the weight high).

x-man is 6’3 and around 200lbs i think. have u had a bodyfat test? that should give you an idea as to how much weight u can lose without losing muscle.

If thats him in his avatar, he looks pretty lean to me.

That is me in my avitar… Hard to see I am right around 6%.

Ok but for important stuff. I went to the track today and had both the sprint coach and head coach time HT my 4x 60. I only did three because my third was slower than my second so I just stopped the workout.

My PR in the 60m again is high 6.7’s so I took my times off of that.

1st 60m- 95% target time of 6.95
actual time A) 6.67 B) 6.62

2nd 60m- 100% target time 6.70 “adjusted some for hand times.”
actual time A) 6.49 B) 6.46

3rd 60m- 100% target time 6.70

actual time A) 6.49  B) 6.54

92 degrees with a slight head wind

How do those times compare with your 60 meter practice times from college? Assuming that the HT is .24 faster, you are running a tenth faster than your PB.

Another question, how does your strength program differ from the one you followed in college? I only ask this because it seems as though you are following a standard bodybuilding type protocol, highly unlikely that you did the same template in your college days. However, with your current weekly setup I would argue that your current weight program is better suited for your needs than you might think for the time being. Seeing that you sprint, lift+tempo, sprint, lift+tempo, plyos, lift+tempo, it is clear that your lower intensity weights compete less for your CNS resources. If you do choose to follow more of a strength based program, I would definitely think about moving speed and weights to the same day.

Good job. Now let us know how you do in your meet. No more hand times for now please :slight_smile:

I agree. no more hand times for now… I just pray for good weather this weekend because it is not a very competitive meet so I will most likely be running alone. Thanks for the advice guys I will post Saturday Night my times. Thanks again

How did the meet go this weekend?

Ok Well an eventful week for me. I was going to head to Columbus for a track meet but after looking at the weather there was headwinds of 16-20 mph in the face of the hundred. After talking to the meet director he said they could not reverse the 100 so I decided not to drive 4 hours up and back for a terrible time. On the following Monday I became very ill with the flu!!! yes the flu in July. I was bed ridden until Thursday and from Monday till then I could not swallow and couldn’t keep it down when I did get brave enough to attempt again.

There is a meet this weekend at University of Kentucky called the Bluegrass State Games and it as it University of Kentucky’s horrid 20 year old blue track. Very soft and sticky… literally sticky, very slow. But I entered to run in it because it is local and it is always a fun meet. I could hopefully break a few records in the 100 and 200. The records are 10.83 in the 100 and 21.61 in the 200. Like I said this is a slow track…

Well coming off of the flu and only 1 day of meals in me I decided to only run the 100. I went today and yes you guessed it there were again 10-15 mph head winds into the 100m. I didn’t train all summer not to run, flu or no flu so I decided to run anyhow…

I felt kind of ockward through out the race due to laying around for a week but I won easily enough that I didn’t have to push for the last 40 meters, I just coasted in to avoid anything silly. I felt like I ran a 10.6 but I didn’t know with the conditions… I could have ran an 11.6 for all I know.

To my amazement I ran a 10.33 into that headwind on a coast. I kick myself now that I didn’t finish hard I could have ran the 10.25 qualify time for the US “B” standard. I am searching for a meet now next week to see what I can really do now. We’ll see!!!

dude are u serious 10-15mph wind. you are faster then tyson gay and these guys.

http://www.iaaf.org/gp07/results/eventCode=3788/gender=M/discipline=100/index.html

Yes well I wish this were true… Unfortunately it is not.

you are faster bc u ran 10.3 10-15mph wind, slow track, sick, all at 7/8 speed.

. I am searching for a meet now next week to see what I can really do now. We’ll see!!!

Keystone Games York, PA next Sunday. Registration is closed but if you want in mortac knows people. I want to be there when you run 9.9 next week.

There is also a meet in Colorado the 4-5. That will be at altitude. I need there to be nice weather maybe even a slight tail wind and I think I could run a 10.19 or so. I really think so but we will see. Please tell me more about this meet… what type of runners will be there? What type of surface is the track? Also how has the weather been lately up there? It was only 78 or so here today. Thanks a lot

I am interested, send me the email to whom I would contact to run and I will do so tonight. It says online registration ended yesterday… LOL… What luck. Just let me know, thanks

check ur pm