Fastest Aussie is broke

Thq question has already been answered

I was a 2-3 metre worst thrower working full time then being a student. I was not an elite athlete by any means but I trained 3-4 hours a day plus did as much recovery work as I could. The first 6 months of full time work and part time study on top of training my distances dropped by 7 metres, I became a bit smarter with programming for me and improved.

Oh sitting at a desk is not physically tiring, but mentally I was spent most weeks. Which I have found to be harder then physically tired.

The problem is…in an ideal world, a 10"70 athlete deserves to be a pro more than 99% of professional soccer players…but have to face reality
Job committments are sometimes hard to be matched with training…do not know in australia…but if you work in the north of italy…you have to be lucky not finding a desk job from 8 to 18…plus…indoor tracks?what are they…track open at lunch,…or in the morning?please…reformulate the question…:)…so could be possible…but the sport system is not always on par.

I disagree. Quick high school students run 10.70. In 2009, there were 47 of them in the USA who ran 10.70 or faster. That is not a professional level, in my opinion.

Off course there are many, but always less than prosoccer players in italy…Here we have 10s of thousand of shabby pseudoathletes who get paid to kick balls around 3-4 times a week…to me its a shame.
In the…6th italian division you get more than a national caliber athlete.

Well in the US, its the race promotors that get sponsers and winnings gathered. It seems you guys need better sponsors.

I’m not sure it is as simple as that. Unless the federation is able to identify a purely philanthropic donor, then who ever is the sponsor will require an economic return on their investment. That is it does not only have to receive benefits that amount to greater than the amount invested, but also greater than the next use of those funds. As KK and others have pointed out, media exposure of the sport in this country is virtually non existant and what is present usually revolves around someone taking a pot shot at someone else. This needs visability problem needs to be solved before better sponsors will be able to be found.

[quote="“oldbloke,post:64,topic:13420”]

why the need to do it twice a day? HSI dont train twice a day they start there day at 8am in the gym… 10am track sessions normally start out the door not long after 12 on most days…

Wow.:cool:

Dumb Question Alert: So how did Europe become the place to be if you want to run and make money?

In other words, how did Europe come to cultivate the sport where as other countries did not? Is it because of the culture? Hell, it gets cold over there! If anything, I don’t see why hot places like South America, the middle east, or the west coast of North America are the places to promote lucrative track meets.

Easy answer: Europe has no other summer sports. They don’t have baseball, not much basketball on the level of NBA, no cricket.

It was more popular over there to begin with, on top of the points KitKat mentioned.

It isn’t cold in Europe over the summer and many of the places you mentioned can’t host many (if any) track meets late in the summer precisely because of the heat. Hence the reason why no Middle Eastern country has been able to make a serious bid at hosting a summer Olympic Games and likely never will in the current structure.

[quote="“nanny69,post:3,topic:43137”]

Wouldn’t two short sessions morning/evening be speed rich and a 4 hour session endurance.