elite vs. super elite

oldbloke,

You raise a good point.

It is like breaking down a skill into finer parts to put back together to attempt that skill better.

It was mentioned earlier that the novice non-elite may need the basic conditioning to start. There on introducing more complex patterns to add to the task incorporating high levels of strength, speed and general development.

Whether you run 9.9, 10.9 or 11.9, everyone goes through a similar process on their way to achieving the best their body can do. Ben J was a novice, weak, slow, inexperienced 15yo once upon a time.

The most enjoyable part of the coaching instruction, for me, is seeing improvements, made from a daily, monthly or yearly point of view!

This is where experience and knowledge come into play. Working with a broad range of athletes consistently over several years will ultimately answer this question. A clear understanding of what is happening at most levels will eventually be achieved. Asking someone to summarize what they believe is the correct way to train poor athletes is foolish and a waste of time. Define the answer for yourself, by yourself. Start with a subset of the question that is more attainable at this time instead of asking questions that show you are clearly over your head and need to learn more.

^^^Total crap. Asking knowledgeable people to give direction to avoid wasting years and ruining athletes is the right thing for him to do.

vhall, the way to understand lower-level athletes isn’t to extrapolate from the elites downwards, but to understand the basics, which it seems like you partly do and partly don’t, and modify them as needed as your athletes progress.

CFTS, the forums, and some of the DVDs can give you most of what you will need to know.

I suggest spending less time on looking for optimal form and do what you said earlier,

“My linear speed philosophy is based on improving technique through repetition and coordination of efficient movement patterns in order to apply the maximal amount of force in the least amount of time in the right direction. In addition focus is given on improving levels of hip mobility.”

and maybe drop the plyos (depending on what you are doing) and work on basics while being mindful of their invividual weaknesses/injury risks. Build athletes and the speed will come.

Makes sense…I mean why listen to anyone anyways? If you want to know the exact value of gravity, derive it starting where Newton began because hell, modern physics is absolute crap. Define the answer for yourself, by yourself.

What an arrogant, rude and dumb response.

I did not say poor athletes - I said mortals. What gives you the right to dismiss anyone as a poor athlete, only a poor coach would dismiss committed athletes in this way.

I should define and answer myself, we are all here to learn from those more expert than ourselves, except you I guess.

As for being clearly over my head and needing to learn more, well that is why I asked the question.

Oh dear oh dear …

LOL. This is great! The internet is great for allowing the dumb to take things out of context.
By the way Juggler, how good are you at juggling with things in your mouth? Look for answers everywhere and then refine what you’ve learned into what you need. Read CFTS and you’ll see what I mean. Excellent job of missing the point by focusing on the trivial. Six foot, Seven foot, Eight foot punch. Daylight come and me won go home…Day…Easy Day oooooo.

Very true, which is why several people including myself have noted the stupidity in your post. If you have a problem with him, take it to PM.

No problems with anyone. The several people including yourself appear to be the sheep. You call my post stupid yet look at the name you go by…??? I bet your good with IM. :smiley: